Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: May versus Mac

Quote Originally Posted by b23hqb View Post
    Mayweather. Easily. An elite boxer vs a very amateur boxer, albeit skilled in other disciplines that, alas, he cannot use in this fight. I like McGregor, but not in this element he is not a part of.

My humble opinion, by the way.
    So a leg sweep is out of the question. Sounds like a boring fight.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

I don't really watch boxing too much, but a friend of mine ordered the fight so I'll be watching it. I want to see Mayweather knocked out, but given it's boxing rules, Mayweather has the upper hand.

They're both winners when that paycheck comes in.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Mayweather is a master tactician and stratagist. He will probably figure out everything McGregor has in the first few rounds, then do his boxing stuff. I personally prefer the MMA game today. Boxing has had it's time.
    “The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.” - President James A. Garfield

Blog Entries
    I think the promo and hype is directed at idiots, therefore I find it ridiculous and offensive. Yeah, I know, buzzkill. I'd like to see the "fight" but a big part of me wants to punch its face.

On another note, I wonder if Mayweather is practicing the beat down on his girlfriend today?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

I hope not. He can practice on McGregor. I ain't wasting a dime on anything to do with this farce.
    “The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.” - President James A. Garfield

Just heard that McGregor has stipulations in his contract for the fight that he LOSES money from his share if he reverts to any MMA moves/tactics, intentional or not. That will slow him down even more, just having to think about what he is doing in stead of just acting instinctively to the situation.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by b23hqb View Post
    Just heard that McGregor has stipulations in his contract for the fight that he LOSES money from his share if he reverts to any MMA moves/tactics, intentional or not. That will slow him down even more, just having to think about what he is doing in stead of just acting instinctively to the situation.
    He boxed for a couple of years before switching over to MMA. He should be fine. Not fine as in win the fight, fine as in he won't try to take anyone down or kick them in the head.
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    He boxed for a couple of years before switching over to MMA. He should be fine. Not fine as in win the fight, fine as in he won't try to take anyone down or kick them in the head.
    Wait, how much money would he lose if he kicked Mayweather in the head? Might be worth it.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

9. 08-27-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Wait, how much money would he lose if he kicked Mayweather in the head? Might be worth it.
    Too late now, but that would have been great!

Members who have read this thread: 38