ESPN Under Fire

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
MSESPN Pulls Asian Announcer Named Robert Lee Off UVa Game To Avoid Offending Idiots

In a story that seems made for The Onion, but is actually true, according to multiple Outkick fans inside ESPN MSESPN decided to pull an Asian college football announcer named Robert Lee off the William and Mary at University of Virginia college football game because they were concerned that having an ASIAN FOOTBALL ANNOUNCER NAMED ROBERT LEE would be offensive to some viewers.

Did I mention that Robert Lee is Asian?

Is this even real life anymore? This might even be worse than MSESPN apologizing for the fantasy football slave draft a couple of weeks ago.

To avoid offending left wing idiots Robert Lee, the Asian college football announcer, not the Confederate General who died in 1870 and shares a name with him, was switched to the Youngstown State at Pittsburgh game and Dave Weekley will now call the William and Mary at University of Virginia game.

hotbikermama40

msespn pulls asian announcer named robert lee off uva game to avoid offending idiots

in a story that seems made for the onion, but is actually true, according to multiple outkick fans inside espn msespn decided to pull an asian college football announcer named robert lee off the william and mary at university of virginia college football game because they were concerned that having an asian football announcer named robert lee would be offensive to some viewers.

Did i mention that robert lee is asian?

Is this even real life anymore? This might even be worse than msespn apologizing for the fantasy football slave draft a couple of weeks ago.

To avoid offending left wing idiots robert lee, the asian college football announcer, not the confederate general who died in 1870 and shares a name with him, was switched to the youngstown state at pittsburgh game and dave weekley will now call the william and mary at university of virginia game.

ygtbfkm...

Hijinx

This takes stupidity to a whole new, yet somehow not unexpected, level.

Democrats should be proud.

They are.-------------------believe me-----------------they are.

They are winning. Everyone is frightened into this crazed anti south bias they thought up.

PsyOps

Pixelated
So, for those that believed this whole confederate BS wouldn't go beyond confederate statues...? Here we are, an Asian named Robert Lee pulled from airing a football game because his name might be offensive.

AN ASIAN!
AN ASIAN!

I would ask WTF is wrong with these people, but I don't think there is an answer. This is worse that racism, this is an ignorance that really has to have its own bigoted category.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Oh, and let's not stop with announcers... We need to hunt down every football player, coach, ref, water boy... that has a name of a confederate figure and pull them off the field. We don't want to offend the audience every time their name gets announced during play.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They are winning.

No, they're not. In fact, they are ensuring a loss with ridiculous stunts like this. This is exploding on social media and there is not one single person I've seen who doesn't think it's stupid.

PsyOps

Pixelated
No, they're not. In fact, they are ensuring a loss with ridiculous stunts like this. This is exploding on social media and there is not one single person I've seen who doesn't think it's stupid.

We'll see what happens next election... but as far as who is controlling the narrative, they - the progressive "anti-racism" left - are winning. With every statue that comes down, it emboldens them to take things to the next level. And they are succeeding in getting what they want - an erasure of a part of this country's history. And more than that, convincing a large part of our population that white people are innately racist.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And they are succeeding in getting what they want - an erasure of a part of this country's history. And more than that, convincing a large part of our population that white people are innately racist.

I think you're wrong, but we'll see. My observation is that they've overplayed their hand and people are getting sick of it.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I think you're wrong, but we'll see. My observation is that they've overplayed their hand and people are getting sick of it.

If you're talking about ESPN, most certainly overplayed their hand. But it speaks more to the deep-rooted ignorance that is growing within the ranks of the left. EVERYTHING is now viewed in the spectrum of race and how ANYTHING (name your word) can be construed as offensive, and how offending someone can be avoided. You know my last name. Think of anything that rhymes with it; I was poked at and made fun of my entire childhood. It was offensive and hurtful. But, my parents didn't coddle me and go after those bullies; they told me to get a spine and ignore them. They said "learn to laugh with them". Getting bullied and made fun of made me a stronger person to deal with REAL problems in my life.

There are people with REAL problems, real suffering, real struggles and all these selfish snowflakes can think of is to find ways to be offended. And this isn't even their intentions. Their intentions are nefarious. They aim to silence those they disagree with.So, while we do call these things ignorance at its worst, it's not really ignorance. There is a purpose behind all of this: silence the right. And, in many ways, they are succeeding.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There is a purpose behind all of this: silence the right. And, in many ways, they are succeeding.

They *were* succeeding. Then Donald Trump came along with his big ass megaphone and his "eff you" 'tude, and now they're desperate and doubling down because it's Hail Mary time. We're seeing the explosion of their destruction, and they did it to themselves. Not only the Left, but the Republican elite as well.

Did you watch the rally last night? That place was freaking jam packed with highly enthusiastic supporters from all walks of life. Who was missing? John McCain, Jeff Flake, and Doug Ducey. That did not go unnoticed or unremarked upon. Three top level AZ Republicans snubbed a mega-rally for the President who is of their own party. That was a major mistake. The progpress is trying to go, "See? Even his own party mates are disowning him!" but the actual human beings who vote in Arizona are critical of MFD's no-show, not Trump.

Do not underestimate The Donald.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Don't underestimate the media.

I don't, but this is the first time they've ever had anyone push back. Typically the Republicans go kiss their ass to try and get good coverage (which never works, does it John McCain?), but Trump is the first major elected official who has called them out. They don't know how to react because they've never had anyone challenge them before.

Hijinx

It's so strange to me.
The people sent a message with Trump.
They told the Republicans that they were sick of the cowardice shown by Republican politicians.

Instead of gaining from the message sent, they double down on their cowardice and leave Trump hanging.
I am sick of the party. I am sick of the leadership.
They are killing themselves. Committing party suicide when they should be riding high.