Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ESPN Under Fire

Eventually, the name Smith will be outlawed. The name Smith was originated from manual trades like blacksmithing, who created the hardware necessary for landowners to have slaves.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    MSESPN Pulls Asian Announcer Named Robert Lee Off UVa Game To Avoid Offending Idiots

In a story that seems made for The Onion, but is actually true, according to multiple Outkick fans inside ESPN MSESPN decided to pull an Asian college football announcer named Robert Lee off the William and Mary at University of Virginia college football game because they were concerned that having an ASIAN FOOTBALL ANNOUNCER NAMED ROBERT LEE would be offensive to some viewers.

Did I mention that Robert Lee is Asian?

Is this even real life anymore? This might even be worse than MSESPN apologizing for the fantasy football slave draft a couple of weeks ago.

To avoid offending left wing idiots Robert Lee, the Asian college football announcer, not the Confederate General who died in 1870 and shares a name with him, was switched to the Youngstown State at Pittsburgh game and Dave Weekley will now call the William and Mary at University of Virginia game.
    The people running the insanity don't really care if the occasional Asian gets caught in the crossfire, they're not part of their target demographics anyways.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    MSESPN Pulls Asian Announcer Named Robert Lee Off UVa Game To Avoid Offending Idiots

To avoid offending left wing idiots Robert Lee, the Asian college football announcer, not the Confederate General who died in 1870 and shares a name with him, was switched to the Youngstown State at Pittsburgh game and Dave Weekley will now call the William and Mary at University of Virginia game.
    I think people should be offended that a guy named Weekley has a job because some masters beat their slaves weekly.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Not sure if this was mentioned but ESPN said it was for his safety.
    True story - from a piece on Internet Shaming.
    A professor at the University of Arkansas was labeled a Nazi because one of the people attending the protest in Charlottesville had on a Univ of Arkansas T-shirt and they had similar hair color and a beard.
    So this internet asswipe puts out the professors name, address, phone number, email address, his wife's information etc. Labels him a Nazi and tells everyone to go get him.
    The poor guy and his wife were having dinner in Arkansas at the time - strangely because that's where he lived and worked. Didn't stop the politically motivated assassination of character which turned into threats of physical harm.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    Oh, and let's not stop with announcers... We need to hunt down every football player, coach, ref, water boy... that has a name of a confederate figure and pull them off the field. We don't want to offend the audience every time their name gets announced during play.
    Sheila Jackson Lee offends me. Should she be replaced?
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BernieP View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned but ESPN said it was for his safety.
    True story - from a piece on Internet Shaming.
    A professor at the University of Arkansas was labeled a Nazi because one of the people attending the protest in Charlottesville had on a Univ of Arkansas T-shirt and they had similar hair color and a beard.
    So this internet asswipe puts out the professors name, address, phone number, email address, his wife's information etc. Labels him a Nazi and tells everyone to go get him.
    The poor guy and his wife were having dinner in Arkansas at the time - strangely because that's where he lived and worked. Didn't stop the politically motivated assassination of character which turned into threats of physical harm.
    I really hope, as dumb as these people are, they wouldn't think that he was, you know, THE Robert E Lee.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post

Do not underestimate The Donald.
    They can't get to him. It's hilarious that they can't get to him, and he flat out doesn't give a sh*t!!

Members who have read this thread: 68