The latest in Duterte's war on drugs

Chris0nllyn

A horrifying image of a schoolboy being dragged to a violent death in a dirty alleyway has galvanised the Philippines against a brutal state-led war on drugs that has killed over 12,500 people in the last year.

Most of the 12,500 casualties have been killed by masked assassins. An estimated 3,500 have been killed in police shoot-outs, which officers often claim were self-defence.

In the case of Delos Santos, the police initially claimed he had fired first.

But their story was contradicted by witnesses and CCTV footage that showed the teenager being dragged down alleyways into a dead-end corner where he was asked to run with a gun, and shot when he did.

He was heard screaming “Please can I go home, I have school tomorrow.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ationwide-revolt-drugs-war-killing-schoolboy/

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You're right. We should give heroin and meth to the masses - FREE! like health care! - and let them all have at it. Drug wars are bad, m'kay?

:rolleyes:

Man, for as much as you rail against the government, you sure are itching for all of us to be a slave to drugs.

Hijinx

It seems the question should be is his drug war working?
When you have killed 12,500 people you should have made a helluva dent in the problem.

If not it's time to find a different tack.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
not mentioned - Three police officers, suspected of the murder, are currently in custody while the case is probed.

Chris0nllyn

You're right. We should give heroin and meth to the masses - FREE! like health care! - and let them all have at it. Drug wars are bad, m'kay?

:rolleyes:

Man, for as much as you rail against the government, you sure are itching for all of us to be a slave to drugs.

I'm sorry you aren't strong enough to not use drugs absent the govt. telling you not to.

not mentioned - Three police officers, suspected of the murder, are currently in custody while the case is probed.

You got those words, verbatim, from the article. What do you mean it wasn't mentioned?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You got those words, verbatim, from the article. What do you mean it wasn't mentioned?

I'm not TJ implying you skipped something Chris .....
I am merely pointing out the 3 are in custody, not running free like they would be in the US.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm sorry you aren't strong enough to not use drugs absent the govt. telling you not to.

And I'm sorry you're so addicted to your illegal substance that you're desperate for the government to make it legal so you don't have to worry about getting busted.

See how two can play that game?

Chris0nllyn

And I'm sorry you're so addicted to your illegal substance that you're desperate for the government to make it legal so you don't have to worry about getting busted.

And it wouldn't be needed if you didn't start off with such a ridiculous post.

black dog

Free America

I'm not addicted to anything, but as a truly Free American I should be able to go into any pharmacy and purchase any drug I wish..
I find it strange I can buy all sorts of antibiotics and drugs for my animals at the farm store but I can't go to CVS and buy a Z pac for myself without a prescription.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And it wouldn't be needed if you didn't start off with such a ridiculous post.

Actually, it's you that's being ridiculous. You're the one insisting that hard drugs are perfectly harmless, despite the enormous amount of evidence to the contrary.