Security Personnel at Point Lookout Confederate Monument

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Sad :(

The Confederate Monument at Point Lookout and the Confederate Memorial next to it now have hired security personnel and and surveillance systems installed.

It inmates are running the asylum..........just sayin'

Littlebit

That is sacred ground, soldiers are buried there, I have a distant relative buried there, hope the idiots leave it alone.

BlueOx77

Sad :(

The Confederate Monument at Point Lookout and the Confederate Memorial next to it now have hired security personnel and and surveillance systems installed.

It inmates are running the asylum..........just sayin'

The Confederate Memorial Park and the Point Lookout Confederate Cemetery are two separate entities. One is private (the one with the Rebel statue and the numerous flags); the other (with the two obelisks) is run by the National Park Service. Are you saying that security personnel are working at both sites?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
The Confederate Memorial Park and the Point Lookout Confederate Cemetery are two separate entities. One is private (the one with the Rebel statue and the numerous flags); the other (with the two obelisks) is run by the National Park Service. Are you saying that security personnel are working at both sites?

Yes

My dad and I were there when 2 guys were surveying the site, and I overheard them talking about cameras and running power.

I had been looking up at the confederate flag and wanted to ask them how many requests they have had to remove it. Guess I don't need to ask now.