George Will

PsyOps

Pixelated
Nails it..........

[video=youtube;hiU20QjKPCo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiU20QjKPCo[/video]

PsyOps

Pixelated
Good lord people... Will actually says everything of what you have been saying and you can't find it in you to at least agree, simply because you hate the guy? Isn't this the same approach the anti-Trumpers use?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Good lord people... Will actually says everything of what you have been saying and you can't find it in you to at least agree, simply because you hate the guy? Isn't this the same approach the anti-Trumpers use?

A couple of differences:

I have no vested interest in what George Will has to say. Contrary to what his overly inflated ego tells him, he's just a blathering mouthpiece, not anyone of importance. Like, you know, the President of the United States.

I have also been listening to George Will's commentary for close to 30 years. I am fully aware of who he is and what he's had to say - in his own words, watching him on TV and reading his columns.. I'm not basing my decision on what someone else has told me he says, I'm basing it on what he himself has said.

He made himself a senile laughingstock and alienated his audience all by himself. Nobody did that for him. So now he can deal with it. Actions have consequences.

And last, but not least, if he's saying what I've also been saying, I don't need to listen or watch anyway. I don't need the confirmation bias and corroboration. I'm okay thinking what I think without constantly needing it reaffirmed.

Last edited:

This_person

It was well spoken. Good stuff.

PsyOps

Pixelated
A couple of differences:

I have no vested interest in what George Will has to say. Contrary to what his overly inflated ego tells him, he's just a blathering mouthpiece, not anyone of importance. Like, you know, the President of the United States.

I have also been listening to George Will's commentary for close to 30 years. I am fully aware of who he is and what he's had to say - in his own words, watching him on TV and reading his columns.. I'm not basing my decision on what someone else has told me he says, I'm basing it on what he himself has said.

He made himself a senile laughingstock and alienated his audience all by himself. Nobody did that for him. So now he can deal with it. Actions have consequences.

And last, but not least, if he's saying what I've also been saying, I don't need to listen or watch anyway. I don't need the confirmation bias and corroboration. I'm okay thinking what I think without constantly needing it reaffirmed.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. :shrug:

PsyOps

Pixelated
And you'd only know those moments if you checked it against a "known working clock"

So the broken one is pointless.

It's a metaphor. I'm no fan of George Will, but I took the time to give his video an audience because my mind isn't "slammed shut".

That said, I think you're right that there are some people whose minds are firmly slammed shut and dead-bolted for good measure. In my experience, most of those people are on the Left.