Kaepernick?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Why Hasn't An NFL Team Signed Kaepernick? These NFL Execs And Coaches Explain Why.

The ESPN article quotes an unnamed NFL executive pointing out that teams are concerned that Kaepernick would put his political agenda above the team.

"As a team builder, I cannot risk that happening again, especially for a borderline starter who needs the entire offense catered to his style," the exec said.

Kaepernick's style of play is also a factor cited by ESPN's sources for why teams aren't signing him, as Kaepernick is more of a hybrid quarterback instead of a traditional pocket passer, which doesn't fit the offense of most NFL teams.

Additionally, teams are unsure if Kaepernick is truly committed to football.

"Everyone else is worried about him working, but I never hear him say how much he wants to work," an unnamed offensive coordinator said. "That hits a chord. People want to hear, 'I want to work in the league, I want to work for you, I want to do this more than anything.' It's like with Tim Tebow — he'd rather be on the outside switching sports than be relegated to the [third team] and getting 20% of the reps."

NAACP, Activists Try To Force NFL To Sign Kaepernick
Civil rights group, activists pressure league to bring back toxic, sub-par quarterback.

CBS Sports reports that NAACP interim president Derrick Johnson has "officially requested a formal meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to discuss NFL players and their ability to exercise their First Amendment rights." The NAACP's letter to Goodell specifically cites the "blackballing" of Kaepernick by the teams, none of which have expressed interest in him since he decided to become a free agent at the end of last season. The decision came after Kaepernick helped lead the San Francisco 49ers to one of their worst seasons ever, winning only two games and a single home game all year, both tying franchise lows in the 16-game season.

The NAACP's letter comes amid a concerted effort from Kaepernick supporters to pressure the league to sign the toxic QB despite evidence showing that his presence in the league hurt viewership and his presence on the field created huge distractions for the 49ers (just see Kaepernick's appearance in Miami as an example).

:whistle:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Maybe he should try the CFL, they don't play the Star Spangled Banner there.

Hijinx

Or perhaps, take his muslim girlfriend and go back to iran.

A white couple took in this person and raised him.The guy had a million dollars job. A nice clean cut kid with a future.

A piece of ass from a black Muslim girlfriend and he craps all over his adopted parents, grows a stupid bush even blacks aren't wearing any more and hates America.

Talk about letting the little head think for the big.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The NFL can rightfully point out that the majority of their players are black. So much for the race card.

Right now Kaepernick is the most hated man in football, and that's saying something. He did that to himself, nobody did that to him. AND the NFL, with their crazy leftwing politically motivated policies, did this to themselves; nobody did it to them. So ha freaking ha ha ha! :loser: Gored by your own ox, boys! Fun times!

They should have nipped Kaepernick's protest move in the bud, but they chose to allow football to be politicized. Well, kids, now it's political and they have only themselves to blame.

glhs837

Power with Control
Can commentators please explain why this is NOT a FA situation?? Unless he buys the airtime, he's there at the behest of his organization, and can be required to do the job he was hired to do there and NOT do things that would cost his employer money. And of course, the FA only applies to govt entities.

Restitution

Can commentators please explain why this is NOT a FA situation?? Unless he buys the airtime, he's there at the behest of his organization, and can be required to do the job he was hired to do there and NOT do things that would cost his employer money. And of course, the FA only applies to govt entities.

Lets put it this way.....

If it had been Jason Witten or Kirk Cousins that started this BS.... it wouldn't have lasted to the next week!

I'll leave it for you to get the reasoning... :yay:

PsyOps

Pixelated

As long as the owner and NFL allows it :shrug:

glhs837

Power with Control

I wasn't asking folks to explain it to me, but was expressing a wish that when this topic is raised on TV and radio, that the hosts explain that, because I keep hearing "He was just exercising his FA rights", when in fact, he cannot claim that. He could take a knee in a park all day long, or on the air if he was footing the bill, but to hijack airtime someone else has paid for is not an FA case.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I wasn't asking folks to explain it to me, but was expressing a wish that when this topic is raised on TV and radio, that the hosts explain that, because I keep hearing "He was just exercising his FA rights", when in fact, he cannot claim that. He could take a knee in a park all day long, or on the air if he was footing the bill, but to hijack airtime someone else has paid for is not an FA case.

None of those commentators are going to do that because then the fascists will come out of the woodwork to call him/her "racist" and "white supremacist" and blast them all over social media so they lose their jobs and have crazies beating down the door of their home and sending them death threats.

But you knew that, you just wanted to see someone say it.

glhs837

Power with Control

PsyOps

Pixelated
None of those commentators are going to do that because then the fascists will come out of the woodwork to call him/her "racist" and "white supremacist" and blast them all over social media so they lose their jobs and have crazies beating down the door of their home and sending them death threats.

But you knew that, you just wanted to see someone say it.

Let's see if Jerry Jones gets any backlash for his comments on it.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Right now Kaepernick is the most hated man in football

Belichick.jpg

"Makes me grin."

glhs837

Power with Control
He wont. Just like if it were Tom Brady doing the kneeling... it wouldn't have garnered as much attention. They are WHITE and they are LEGENDS in the NFL.

I beg to differ. If anything, I think the backlash for Brady would be greater, given his fanbase is more likely to be outraged by such an action.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
A nice clean cut kid with a future.

He came into the league covered with tattoos. Heard a story that when Cam Newton was first drafted he was counseled to not go the gold teeth and tattoo route. Seems the listened to that advice.