Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keurig uses for non-coffee drinkers

Blog Entries
    So I went to Walmart yesterday and discovered they have little "try me" 3 packs of various beverages. I got their version of Chai Latte and *gasp* Cafe Caramel coffee, which I am trying now. I am still not a fan of coffee but this isn't bad except for the aftertaste. Kind of a burnt charcoal taste so I am not sure if it it the coffee itself or something else.

I use the one at work to make cup o noodles. Works great unless you forget to take out the previous users k cup.

Boat anchor.

I did not like the coffee it made. Could always taste the plastic in the k-cup.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terbear1225 View Post
    I use the one at work to make cup o noodles. Works great unless you forget to take out the previous users k cup.

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    Boat anchor.

I did not like the coffee it made. Could always taste the plastic in the k-cup.
    I always thought the coffee was weak - it took two K-cups to make a full real cup of coffee. But it was convenient so I kept it around until it died and I could replace it with something that makes me much happier.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz lady View Post
    What is Chemex?
    Manual drip coffee maker. My kids got me one for Christmas a bunch of years ago and I loved the coffee it made, but I didn't like having to boil the water in a tea kettle to pour over the grinds, and I was too stupid to think about an electric kettle. When my last Keurig died the light finally came on.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz lady View Post
    So I went to Walmart yesterday and discovered they have little "try me" 3 packs of various beverages. I got their version of Chai Latte and *gasp* Cafe Caramel coffee, which I am trying now. I am still not a fan of coffee but this isn't bad except for the aftertaste. Kind of a burnt charcoal taste so I am not sure if it it the coffee itself or something else.
    I got the Cafe Vanilla from Cafe Escapes and it is a winner! No burnt aftertaste like the other.

I will become a coffee drinker yet.

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post

I always thought the coffee was weak - it took two K-cups to make a full real cup of coffee. .
    It is. I supplement the coffee with a spoonful of good instant. Works fine.

OR

I use my own fill it yourself cups. Amazing how more robust it is (but a little messy). They're cheap, so I will fill a dozen, and then use them one at a time.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    It is. I supplement the coffee with a spoonful of good instant. Works fine.

OR

I use my own fill it yourself cups. Amazing how more robust it is (but a little messy). They're cheap, so I will fill a dozen, and then use them one at a time.
    Trying to figure out how to get a good cup of coffee out of a Keurig was so annoying that it's just easier to use something else to brew coffee. I have a Bodum pot (they sell them at Target) that I take on the road with us, along with the electric kettle. I'm a coffee addict and love flavored coffees (my current is a maple roast that I got at Speeder and Earl's in Burlington), and many of the places we go have a local roastery, so I can get it fresh ground. If not, I'm good with Starbucks cinnamon.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

I've used the Keurig reusable cup with BRCC's CAF blend.

It's good and strong and kick-starts the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Trying to figure out how to get a good cup of coffee out of a Keurig was so annoying that it's just easier to use something else to brew coffee. I have a Bodum pot
    Had a roomie who swore by those things, and I used to use them for a while. Just got tired of eventually dealing with grounds in my cup.

Keurig is *convenient*. I can set it up in seconds and walk away, do something else and when I'm back, a cup without any mess to clean up or French press to clean out.
    I never need to wash out the container, and I don't have a metal sieve to scrub. The "touch of instant" is good enough, especially since I buy hyper cheap k-cups at Aldi's.
    Since I rarely drink more than two cups a day anymore, it suits me perfectly, and sure beats what I used to do - make a pot and drink day old coffee for a while.

If I buy coffee, Dunkin' or Wawa is good enough for me. I regret the days when I spent 5 bucks or more for a cup at Starbucks, because I had a crush on the redhead working there.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Members who have read this thread: 75