Keurig uses for non-coffee drinkers

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I don't like coffee :yikes: but I do love the convenience of the Keurig machine for beverages. I like the chai latte from Cafe Escapes and haven't tried the caramel hot chocolate I got yet but I am sure it is delicious.

Anything else not :coffee: based you have found for these machines?

warneckutz

I don't like coffee :yikes: but I do love the convenience of the Keurig machine for beverages. I like the chai latte from Cafe Escapes and haven't tried the caramel hot chocolate I got yet but I am sure it is delicious.

Instant Grits

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I dumped the Keurig in favor of an electric kettle and Chemex. The kettle is perfect for the motorhome and we use to heat water for a number of things, including dish washing.

nutz

instant oatmeal and tea

White tea margarita; tequila, agave nectar, lime juice and white tea..Any tea you prefer could be substituted :cheers:

Wishbone

Instant Oatmeal and softening the dry dog food a bit for the Malamutes dinner.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I dumped the Keurig in favor of an electric kettle and Chemex. The kettle is perfect for the motorhome and we use to heat water for a number of things, including dish washing.

Since this is at work, I am sure a few people would be :boxing: at the thought of removing them.

What is Chemex?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
So I went to Walmart yesterday and discovered they have little "try me" 3 packs of various beverages. I got their version of Chai Latte and *gasp* Cafe Caramel coffee, which I am trying now. I am still not a fan of coffee but this isn't bad except for the aftertaste. Kind of a burnt charcoal taste so I am not sure if it it the coffee itself or something else. :confused:

terbear1225

I use the one at work to make cup o noodles. Works great unless you forget to take out the previous users k cup.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I use the one at work to make cup o noodles. Works great unless you forget to take out the previous users k cup.

:lol:

Boat anchor.

I did not like the coffee it made. Could always taste the plastic in the k-cup.

I always thought the coffee was weak - it took two K-cups to make a full real cup of coffee. But it was convenient so I kept it around until it died and I could replace it with something that makes me much happier.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What is Chemex?

Manual drip coffee maker. My kids got me one for Christmas a bunch of years ago and I loved the coffee it made, but I didn't like having to boil the water in a tea kettle to pour over the grinds, and I was too stupid to think about an electric kettle. When my last Keurig died the light finally came on. :dork:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
So I went to Walmart yesterday and discovered they have little "try me" 3 packs of various beverages. I got their version of Chai Latte and *gasp* Cafe Caramel coffee, which I am trying now. I am still not a fan of coffee but this isn't bad except for the aftertaste. Kind of a burnt charcoal taste so I am not sure if it it the coffee itself or something else. :confused:

I got the Cafe Vanilla from Cafe Escapes and it is a winner! No burnt aftertaste like the other. :yay:

I will become a coffee drinker yet. :lol:

SamSpade

:lol:
I always thought the coffee was weak - it took two K-cups to make a full real cup of coffee. .

It is. I supplement the coffee with a spoonful of good instant. Works fine.

OR

I use my own fill it yourself cups. Amazing how more robust it is (but a little messy). They're cheap, so I will fill a dozen, and then use them one at a time.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It is. I supplement the coffee with a spoonful of good instant. Works fine.

OR

I use my own fill it yourself cups. Amazing how more robust it is (but a little messy). They're cheap, so I will fill a dozen, and then use them one at a time.

Trying to figure out how to get a good cup of coffee out of a Keurig was so annoying that it's just easier to use something else to brew coffee. I have a Bodum pot (they sell them at Target) that I take on the road with us, along with the electric kettle. I'm a coffee addict and love flavored coffees (my current is a maple roast that I got at Speeder and Earl's in Burlington), and many of the places we go have a local roastery, so I can get it fresh ground. If not, I'm good with Starbucks cinnamon.

SamSpade

Trying to figure out how to get a good cup of coffee out of a Keurig was so annoying that it's just easier to use something else to brew coffee. I have a Bodum pot

Had a roomie who swore by those things, and I used to use them for a while. Just got tired of eventually dealing with grounds in my cup.

Keurig is *convenient*. I can set it up in seconds and walk away, do something else and when I'm back, a cup without any mess to clean up or French press to clean out.
I never need to wash out the container, and I don't have a metal sieve to scrub. The "touch of instant" is good enough, especially since I buy hyper cheap k-cups at Aldi's.
Since I rarely drink more than two cups a day anymore, it suits me perfectly, and sure beats what I used to do - make a pot and drink day old coffee for a while.

If I buy coffee, Dunkin' or Wawa is good enough for me. I regret the days when I spent 5 bucks or more for a cup at Starbucks, because I had a crush on the redhead working there.