Gorgeous weekend on the Potomac

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Waiting for my kids to show up...their annual "weekend with friends". I don't recall the weather being this cool in August..ever.

IMG_0656[1].jpg

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You do live in paradise, Gill. You are lucky the Minnow set ground on St. George's! :lol: Hope you have a great time with your children. :smile:

That pic is actually on St. Catherine's....bit farther up the river. Both my girls host a bunch of their friends over a long weekend there every year.

luvmygdaughters

Beautiful View!!! Yes, you're right about August being cool. Husband and I were cooking babybacks on the grill yesterday, early evening. I had to put on a light sweater, it got a little chilly. I'm not complaining though, had the a/c off all weekend.

littlelady

God bless the USA
That pic is actually on St. Catherine's....bit farther up the river. Both my girls host a bunch of their friends over a long weekend there every year.

It is all the same. It is all beautiful. You are one lucky guy, but you earned it. :smile:

I will never forget your thread about your house burning down. We found out in inspection of our house to sell that we had a chimney fire at some point. We could have lost it all, too. Your forum name fits you, as in survivor. :huggy:

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
One of my favorite places on the planet. Spent many a weekend out there as a kid. The old farmhouse was in good shape back then and was converted to a bunkhouse that could sleep over 20 people.

JIC2.jpg

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Beautiful View!!! Yes, you're right about August being cool. Husband and I were cooking babybacks on the grill yesterday, early evening. I had to put on a light sweater, it got a little chilly. I'm not complaining though, had the a/c off all weekend.

Sweatfest 2017 continues here in Fl - I'll have to wait until October to hopefully open the windows again.

One of my favorite places on the planet. Spent many a weekend out there as a kid. The old farmhouse was in good shape back then and was converted to a bunkhouse that could sleep over 20 people.

Love the little beach w/trees in the upper left.