BJ's and Gas

PeoplesElbow

No this isn't about a sexual faux pas, but the price of gas at BJ's.

Anyone notice in the last couple months it really close in price to sheetz and wawa? My membership is up for renewal and I am thinking of not renewing, with a 5 cent/gallon difference that paid for my membership, but at the 1 or 2 difference from Sheetz or WaWa that it has been that makes the membership less compelling.

frequentflier

happy to be living
If BJ's had competition near by (like a Costco), they may offer better pricing. I despise that I have to PAY for a membership yet still have to clip coupons for better deals.
I usually fuel up when there because they are always lower than the places in southern Calvert plus I like that someone is watching the pumps (not likely to have skimmers).

MR47930

Do you buy groceries from Weis? If so they have a loyalty program with Sheets. We usually get 20 cents off for our weekly grocery bill.

luvmygdaughters

this is kinda off topic, but the mobil station in north beach was at 2.47/gal this am. wtf Wawa was 2.21.

Heard on the news yesterday, Harvey is playing havoc with the refineries in Texas, therefore, gas prices will be going up. I was shocked:shocking: Not really :sarcasm: What kills me is, how do gas stations raise the price immediately at the pump, when they've already paid for the gas in their storage tanks???

frequentflier

happy to be living
Heard on the news yesterday, Harvey is playing havoc with the refineries in Texas, therefore, gas prices will be going up. I was shocked:shocking: Not really :sarcasm: What kills me is, how do gas stations raise the price immediately at the pump, when they've already paid for the gas in their storage tanks???

Because they can!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Do you buy groceries from Weis? If so they have a loyalty program with Sheets. We usually get 20 cents off for our weekly grocery bill.

Yes, and you can also combine it with your Sheetz loyalty card for an additional 3 cents off per gallon. I did that last time and got 23 cents off per gallon. :yay:

nobody really

I need a nap

that's exactly what I thought. yesterday it was 2.21 at the same mobile station.

MR47930

Yes, and you can also combine it with your Sheetz loyalty card for an additional 3 cents off per gallon. I did that last time and got 23 cents off per gallon. :yay:

:yay:
My MIL shops at Weis but never comes to St Marys so she gave me her weis card and she uses the key ring card when shopping. When I drive the big truck down to work occasionally ill fill 'er up using the points that she has acquired over a few weeks. Best I've ever done was 70 cents off! Its like living in 1999 all over again.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
:yay:
My MIL shops at Weis but never comes to St Marys so she gave me her weis card and she uses the key ring card when shopping. When I drive the big truck down to work occasionally ill fill 'er up using the points that she has acquired over a few weeks. Best I've ever done was 70 cents off! Its like living in 1999 all over again.

I got .40 off a gallon today at Giant. That's the best I've done so far.

Since my 16 year old recently started driving, I am letting him use my Giant rewards points. He normally says between 50-70 cents so that helps

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Best that I have done was getting $1.00 off gas at Safeway pumps. I had the suburban so I took advantage of the 25 gallons at reduced cost.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
What kills me is, how do gas stations raise the price immediately at the pump, when they've already paid for the gas in their storage tanks???

yes because the price for the next fill up will be higher ....
are you going to burn your meager profit of a couple of pennies a gal to fill the next tank