Nuclear Football

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Andy Card Describes the Terrifying Moment When the President Gets the Nuclear Football

The president takes an oath vowing to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution "and it's the shortest oath taken by anybody and those are unique words," Card said.

"The president cannot keep his oath without other people keeping their oaths, and many of them take an oath to follow the command of the commander in chief. There's no conditional clause if I voted for him or like him or agree with him. That's a sobering bit of advice. It's not advice, it's reality that the president gets from the military when they say you make the decision, if you make the decision, we will do it."

The satchel reportedly contains the following:

• a black book that describes retaliatory strike options
  • a book listing bunker locations to which the president can be evacuated in the event of a nuclear attack
  • a manila folder explaining procedures for the Emergency Broadcast System
  • a small card, called the biscuit, with authentication codes to verify it's the president ordering a nuclear strike

The Question is, if Trump Ordered a strike against NORK would the Military carry out the orders

This_person

The movie War Games was written based on the true study that said most, but not all, missiles will get launched.

Hijinx

I think we all knew pretty much what was in the Nuclear Football case.
This sounds to me like one Trump hater who is frightened because Trump is President.

Tough it out a-hole he was elected President.

PsyOps

Pixelated
The Question is, if Trump Ordered a strike against NORK would the Military carry out the orders

How is it now, we ask this question about the president? I've lived through a bunch of presidents and never heard this question asked. Now suddenly everyone believes Trump is some crazed lunatic itching to push that button. How does someone, who is a self-made billionaire, running multiple businesses, in multiple markets suddenly become too unstable to make such an important decision?

Wishbone

How is it now, we ask this question about the president? I've lived through a bunch of presidents and never heard this question asked. Now suddenly everyone believes Trump is some crazed lunatic itching to push that button. How does someone, who is a self-made billionaire, running multiple businesses, in multiple markets suddenly become too unstable to make such an important decision?

It's the next narrative since they didn't get the traction they wanted out of "Nazi", "Russians" or "Misagonist"

Expect it to hit all the major networks together in the next couple weeks.

Hijinx

It's the next narrative since they didn't get the traction they wanted out of "Nazi", "Russians" or "Misagonist"

Expect it to hit all the major networks together in the next couple weeks.

You are 100% correct. There are already some silly congress critters who are trying to have him removed because they think he is crazy.
It's no big deal really. Every Congress person thinks anyone who doesn't kiss their political ass is crazy.

They believe it's one of the perks of the job.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Now suddenly everyone believes Trump is some crazed lunatic itching to push that button.
How does someone, who is a self-made billionaire, running multiple businesses, in multiple markets suddenly become too unstable to make such an important decision?

dude step back off the ledge ... it was more of a question of Obama Holder overs .... sycophants promoted in the ranks for 8 yrs