Kasich Mulling Run With Democrat To Take Out Trump In 2020

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
REPORT: John Kasich Mulling Run With Democrat To Take Out Trump In 2020

He got his clock cleaned in 2016, so sure, why not, maybe it's time John Kasich embraced his inner Democrat.

[clip]

Democrats are without a real leader — or message, for that matter — after getting crushed in 2016. No clear frontrunner has emerged to run against Trump, and Democrats are beginning to worry that they won't be ready.

Into that vacuum could step a unity ticket that might make a pitch to both sides — including disaffected Republicans — to move past partisan politics and put the needs of Americans first. As a "veteran operative" told CNN: "Our political system is completely broken. Something big and historic needs to happen to break the logjam. I'm a big Dem but I'm for anything that ... does away with this hyper-partisanship on both sides that is paralyzing our government."

Kasich is already a moderate Republican, to say the least. Kasich all but embraced amnesty and mostly opposed a crackdown on immigration. He was also somewhat supportive of Obamacare exchanges before eventually opposing them.

might as well, it is pretty much UNI-Party aka Establishment vs non

Hijinx

REPORT: John Kasich Mulling Run With Democrat To Take Out Trump In 2020

He got his clock cleaned in 2016, so sure, why not, maybe it's time John Kasich embraced his inner Democrat.

[clip]

Democrats are without a real leader — or message, for that matter — after getting crushed in 2016. No clear frontrunner has emerged to run against Trump, and Democrats are beginning to worry that they won't be ready.

Into that vacuum could step a unity ticket that might make a pitch to both sides — including disaffected Republicans — to move past partisan politics and put the needs of Americans first. As a "veteran operative" told CNN: "Our political system is completely broken. Something big and historic needs to happen to break the logjam. I'm a big Dem but I'm for anything that ... does away with this hyper-partisanship on both sides that is paralyzing our government."

Kasich is already a moderate Republican, to say the least. Kasich all but embraced amnesty and mostly opposed a crackdown on immigration. He was also somewhat supportive of Obamacare exchanges before eventually opposing them.

might as well, it is pretty much UNI-Party aka Establishment vs non

Kasich is a joke.Moderate Republican?? Hardly.

Maybe it's time Kasich joined the Democrat party like he wants to and ran for them. They need a clown.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm a big Dem but I'm for anything that ... does away with this hyper-partisanship on both sides that is paralyzing our government."

:roflmao:

OMG! That about killed me!! A "big Dem" having the sheer brass to say he wants to do away with hyper-partisanship. :drama: :angel:

:roflmao:

DYING!!!! :lmao:

philibusters

I jumped on the Kasich bandwagon early in the Republican primary but he didn't really gain steam. I'd support him again in 2020. In terms of labels, I don't care if a person has a R or D next to their name if I am on board with their platform. I was very much on board Kasich's platform. The majority of Republicans were not on board and he finished a distant 6th or 7th out of that field of 17.

What will be interesting is if the anti-establishment crowd dissipates in 2020. I think a lot of people's expectations are not being fulfilled and they wanted to try something different. If Trump fails to deliver do they come back to the establishment.

Hijinx

I jumped on the Kasich bandwagon early in the Republican primary but he didn't really gain steam. I'd support him again in 2020. In terms of labels, I don't care if a person has a R or D next to their name if I am on board with their platform. I was very much on board Kasich's platform. The majority of Republicans were not on board and he finished a distant 6th or 7th out of that field of 17.

What will be interesting is if the anti-establishment crowd dissipates in 2020. I think a lot of people's expectations are not being fulfilled and they wanted to try something different. If Trump fails to deliver do they come back to the establishment.

Trump isn't failing, the party is failing him.
He better get his sh1t together soon with his job appointments though or he will be toast.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Trump isn't failing, the party is failing him.
He better get his sh1t together soon with his job appointments though or he will be toast.

What I'd really like to see him do is dump the GOP and go unaffiliated. This would hose him hard come re-election time if he needs money, but at this point he may not even run for re-election. If I were him, I'd be like, "#### you people."

Honestly, he has nothing to lose by dumping the Republican Party.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
PS, Kasich isn't going to be president. Ever. He's lame and weak and sucks in general. I never understood what his 6 fans were seeing in him.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
What I'd really like to see him do is dump the GOP and go unaffiliated. This would hose him hard come re-election time if he needs money, but at this point he may not even run for re-election. If I were him, I'd be like, "#### you people."

Let him get one more SC pick in first.

Hijinx

Agreed I would love to read his Twitter to Mitch telling him to go **** himself.

Hijinx

Paul Ryan is a piece of shiat. I guess he depended on his baby blues. It seems to have worked. What is wrong with Americans?

It shows what a poor pool of Republicans the others in the House who voted for Ryan to be Speaker, have to work with.