Being a boss

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Arcelor-Mittal Steel, feeling it was time for a shakeup, hired a new CEO. The new boss was determined to rid the company of all slackers. On a tour of the facilities, the CEO noticed a guy leaning against a wall.. The room was full of workers and he wanted to let them know that he meant business. He asked the guy, "How much money do you make a week?"

A little surprised, the young man looked at him and said, "I make $400 a week. Why?"

The CEO said, "Wait right here." He walked back to his office, came back in two minutes, and handed the guy $1,600 in cash and said, "Here's four weeks' pay. Now GET OUT and don't come back."

Feeling pretty good about himself, the CEO looked around the room and asked, "Does anyone want to tell me what that goof-ball did here?"

From across the room a voice said . . . "Pizza delivery guy from Domino's."

Clem72

Reminds me of a shop I worked at where one driver wasn't allowed, due to medical reasons, to lift more than 20lbs I think. So we had to send a "lifter" with him on jobs that required transporting any equipment. Course we couldn't make the "lifter" a driver due to that craft being covered by a union (that he wasn't part of) so he just held up a wall 6 hours out of the day.

GopherM

Darwin was right
When I was in the Navy at Pax back in the '70s we lost the AC for our very old building. Public Works (civil service union jobs back then) sent about 6 people out to swap out the compressor. One guy was only cleared to disconnect the fittings on the compressor, two guys pulled it out and put the new one in place, a different guy was the only one that could reconnect all the fittings on the new compressor. All during that time there were two guys standing off to the side watching and one was holding a nice wooden box. Once the compressor was installed and ready to be charged with Freon they guy with the box opened it and connected the pressure gauge to the compressor and stepped out of the way so they guy with him could monitor the gauge pressure while someone else turned the valve on the Freon bottle. Once it was at the proper pressure, the gauge reader stepped out of the way to the gauge carrier could disconnect it and put it back in the box. Our office looked like an annex for the public works repair shop.

Last edited: