Virtue-signaling

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm glad there's finally a name for this; it has been annoying me for years. "See me caring? Aren't I good?"

My FB wall is filled with friends doing the "My prayers are with the people of Houston!" which is virtue-signaling at its finest. Those people don't need your social media attention whoring, they need supplies.

https://www.redcross.org/donate/hurricane-harvey

There. Now you can put your money where your mouth is. Instead of telling all your social media friends how good you are and how much you care, you can actually help those people.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Only slightly less annoying than the "Woe is me" or "Need prayers" posts but never say what is wrong. Like they are fishing for concern (usually over something stupid).

Hijinx

I wouldn't send ten cents to the Red Cross. I am pretty sure the Salvation Army has people there. Send your money to them and it will get to the people that need it instead of in the Red Cross's pocket.

nobody really

I need a nap
I wouldn't send ten cents to the Red Cross. I am pretty sure the Salvation Army has people there. Send your money to them and it will get to the people that need it instead of in the Red Cross's pocket.

I read on the news its best to just give directly to the local (texas) charities. For every $1.00 you give to the red cross, 60 cents goes to overhead and salaries (they do have people on a payroll). A lot of the Houston area local churches (and some here in So. MD), are accepting donations, with 100% going to the disaster.

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-charities-hurricane-harvey-2017-8/#direct-relief-100-7

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm glad there's finally a name for this; it has been annoying me for years. "See me caring? Aren't I good?"

My FB wall is filled with friends doing the "My prayers are with the people of Houston!" which is virtue-signaling at its finest. Those people don't need your social media attention whoring, they need supplies.

There. Now you can put your money where your mouth is. Instead of telling all your social media friends how good you are and how much you care, you can actually help those people.
:yay: Made my donation earlier today!

This_person

Prayers to the people concerned about other people's choices. Woe is me for believing how people react only exposes who they are and affects me in no way.

Wishbone

Do you and Gutfeld discuss these subjects at lunch?

Apparently this was his pet peeve on the five last night. :lmao:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Do you and Gutfeld discuss these subjects at lunch?

Apparently this was his pet peeve on the five last night. :lmao:

I love Gutfeld!

But, I do want to say that I was taught to be charitable, and it does not need to be announced to anyone. It is just something one does out of compassion, and is a personal thing. People who have to announce their donations are attention whores, and that takes away from the idea of it all.

Last edited:

Restitution

My favorite posts are from the chicks who constantly put horsecrap like "If it doesn't touch your soul, then leave it behind or pay it no mind." or something like "The only important things in life are how you feel and who loves you."

REALLY?? Personally I find electricity, a roof over my head, food, and hot water pretty nice to have! None of which "touch my soul"

I do notice that most of the women that post this drivel are stay-at-home housewives :yay: