Those Who Don't Fight Evil Fight Statues

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
PRAGER: Those Who Don't Fight Evil Fight Statues
The left was AWOL against communism, and it's AWOL against Islamism. But it's in the vanguard of fighting statues.

All my life, I have known this rule about people: Those who don't fight the greatest evils will fight lesser evils or make-believe evils.

This happens to be the morally defining characteristic of the left. During the Cold War, many liberals and nearly all conservatives fought communism, but the left fought anti-communism. The left opposed American military buildups and regarded the Cold War between America and the Soviet Union as nothing more than two scorpions in a bottle fighting to the death. They loathed Presidents Nixon and Reagan, not Communist Party Secretary-General Brezhnev.

They regarded Reagan's labeling of the Soviet Union as an "evil empire" with contempt. Typical was the reaction of one of America's best-known intellectuals, Henry Steele Commager, then a professor of history at the Amherst College. He said, "It was the worst presidential speech in American history, and I've read them all."

With regard to fighting communism — which, aside from Nazism, has been the greatest evil in the modern world (it killed and enslaved far more people than Nazism) — the left was an obstacle, not an ally. The left in the West and elsewhere did far more to enable communist evil than to stop it.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
PRAGER: Those Who Don't Fight Evil Fight Statues
The left was AWOL against communism, and it's AWOL against Islamism. But it's in the vanguard of fighting statues.

All my life, I have known this rule about people: Those who don't fight the greatest evils will fight lesser evils or make-believe evils.

This happens to be the morally defining characteristic of the left. During the Cold War, many liberals and nearly all conservatives fought communism, but the left fought anti-communism. The left opposed American military buildups and regarded the Cold War between America and the Soviet Union as nothing more than two scorpions in a bottle fighting to the death. They loathed Presidents Nixon and Reagan, not Communist Party Secretary-General Brezhnev.

They regarded Reagan's labeling of the Soviet Union as an "evil empire" with contempt. Typical was the reaction of one of America's best-known intellectuals, Henry Steele Commager, then a professor of history at the Amherst College. He said, "It was the worst presidential speech in American history, and I've read them all."

With regard to fighting communism — which, aside from Nazism, has been the greatest evil in the modern world (it killed and enslaved far more people than Nazism) — the left was an obstacle, not an ally. The left in the West and elsewhere did far more to enable communist evil than to stop it.

I beleive it's deeper than that. They hate the United States of America and want to see it torn down bit by bit......

Hijinx

I beleive it's deeper than that. They hate the United States of America and want to see it torn down bit by bit......

I believe that they believe that if they can beat Trump they will be able to place their candidate in the WH and that the Conservatives and Petriotic Americans will lay down and let them do it.
What we have is brain washed college educated morons with no jobs to go to that can go from one place to another causing trouble.
On the other side. (the conservative side) we have working Americans with jobs who are living well and not willing to give it up to fight these morons.

Can the real Americans be convinced to fight back?
We shall see. I believe there is a point beyond which the people will not accept any more.
It's going to be ugly if the backlash comes.

h3mech

before trump became 45, 44 gather all the dems or "should I say LIBTARDS" in a close door meeting to tell all the LIBTARDS not to help 45 at all. they hate everything about my president, and I think he needs to tell dems (LIBTARDS) pass my health care and tax breaks or he will cancel the DACA program. that should get their attention. I'm so tired of all the obstruction they are Americans and should care about the masses not the privileged few. it funny how all the senators and congressman are all millionaires while only getting 174,000 a year. drain the swamp

to me it seems like my votes don't count for anything, I want this stuff passed, if someone knows Dan Bongino please have him run again steny, ,may be he will get elected this time. ok I'm done and getting off my soap box