Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Where's the "fire and fury"?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    I'm not very good at predicting the future. When and if the crazy fat kid actually throws missiles at Guam, we'll find out what Trump meant. In the meanwhile....
    Trump's comments weren't limited to responding to an actual missile attack, Trump said if NK made anymore threats.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    Trump's comments weren't limited to responding to an actual missile attack, Trump said if NK made anymore threats.
    You do understand the term and meaning of "posturing" don't you?

I would think that after 8 years of it NEVER happening that you would think it is good to have a leader that is willing to defend our assets both verbally and actually. Geesh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    I post stupid #### all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Why do you hate America so much and love nuclear war?

That's a real question. Or is it that your mindless hatred of Donald Trump is so all-consuming that you can't think straight or see anything else?

Which is it: do you hate America and love war; or are you a mindless hate-filled bot? Because it's one or the other.
    You are vying with derps for the stupidity awards aren't ya?

What I want is for trump to not make meaningless threats.

I'm not going down that road. It's really pathetic that I have to constantly justify where I stand on things regarding Trump. Unless you just have a really short memory. You know damn-well I've done my share of defending Trump - a lot!

I knew when Trump said that "fire and fury" nonsense it was just a bunch of sabre rattling nonsense. It was a stupid thing to say.
    You are obviously a trump hating liberal commie if you dare to point out trumps BS to a trumper......
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    What I want is for trump to not make meaningless threats.
    So you want him to follow through with them? You want him to say nothing?

Which one do you prefer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    I post stupid #### all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    So you want him to follow through with them? You want him to say nothing?

Which one do you prefer?
    He wants him to Putt while the world burns just like the Muslim In Chief did!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    You need to brush up on your history. As part of the agreements at the end of WWII japan was forbidden to stand up a true military. As a result they depend on the US to provide for their defenses. That's one of the reasons we have our forces stationed there.
    So firing a missile over a country we have agreed to protect is what happened. That sounds like a threat to me
    Some things have happened since then, believe it or not. They are authorized self-defense forces, both for external and internal threats. Their constitution does not allow for war, but they have had self defense forces since the early 1950's. We gave them planes and help to set it up.
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

Threats against the United States. While we have bases in Japan, that's not a threat directly against the United States.

I do not equate this to the Syrian red line, but it probably wasn't well advised. The good thing is that "fire and fury" can mean damned near anything, the bad thing is everyone knows what it is supposed to mean. If anything that can be perceived as a threat is given, we will look as stupid as we did when we didn't respond previously, and we have a hell of a lot of Dixie Chicks ready to sing to anyone who will listen how stupid we look.
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

Blog Entries
    So was the most recent statement by the crazy fat kid a threat? One could say so...but a lot more vague of a threat than the previous one where he practically named the very day he was going to lob the missiles at Guam.

We'll see. You want to see WWIII in the worst way. Me...I'm OK with more waiting and seeing.
    Last edited by Gilligan; 08-30-2017 at 01:11 PM.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Blog Entries
    So we can expect pretty much anything Trump says to have no real core meaning. Just words.
    You can play that game if you want.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    We'll see. You want to see WWIII in the worst way. Me...I'm OK with more waiting and seeing.
    I, too, am okay with wait and see. I suspect all these little hawks are screaming for Trump to drop a nuke so they can then bitch and cry about how many people he killed and that he's "literally Hitler".

On another note, that would be a great name for a band: Literally Hitler.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Members who have read this thread: 87