Some Of Those People Might Be Trump Supporters

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
‘Slate’ Publishes INSANE Chat From Woman Who Says Her Girlfriend Won’t Give Charity For Hurricane Victims Because Some Are Trump Voters

Dear Prudence, an advice column in Slate whose author is Mallory Ortberg, decided to publish a chat from a woman whose girlfriend refused to donate money for the victims of Hurricane Harvey because she didn’t want to help any victims who are Trump voters. The girlfriend was perfectly fine donating money to the Humane Society so animals could benefit.

The letter read:

I come from the Houston area and have been heartbroken about the damage and scenes from Harvey. I decided to donate $250 and asked my girlfriend if she would match it. She agreed, and then when I asked if she had given to the Red Cross or someone else, I learned that she donated to the Humane Society. I know she’s absolutely nuts about animals, especially our own dogs, but to give to animals when people are in trouble seems heartless to me. She’s much more politically active than I am, and I finally asked if she did that to avoid the possibility of giving money to someone who voted for Trump, and she admitted that was one of the reasons. I think that’s awful, and we’ve been fighting about it ever since. She thinks as a gay woman I should see her side, but I just can’t. There are good people everywhere, and she went out of her way to avoid helping. We’ve been fighting about this ever since. Who is right?

Hmm OK ..... Pets are more important that people, well ok then

littlelady

God bless the USA
I find it, exceptionally, funny that a lesbian couple is at odds; considering some are trying to teach gender identity to 5 year olds.

Hijinx

‘Slate’ Publishes INSANE Chat From Woman Who Says Her Girlfriend Won’t Give Charity For Hurricane Victims Because Some Are Trump Voters

Dear Prudence, an advice column in Slate whose author is Mallory Ortberg, decided to publish a chat from a woman whose girlfriend refused to donate money for the victims of Hurricane Harvey because she didn’t want to help any victims who are Trump voters. The girlfriend was perfectly fine donating money to the Humane Society so animals could benefit.

The letter read:

I come from the Houston area and have been heartbroken about the damage and scenes from Harvey. I decided to donate $250 and asked my girlfriend if she would match it. She agreed, and then when I asked if she had given to the Red Cross or someone else, I learned that she donated to the Humane Society. I know she’s absolutely nuts about animals, especially our own dogs, but to give to animals when people are in trouble seems heartless to me. She’s much more politically active than I am, and I finally asked if she did that to avoid the possibility of giving money to someone who voted for Trump, and she admitted that was one of the reasons. I think that’s awful, and we’ve been fighting about it ever since. She thinks as a gay woman I should see her side, but I just can’t. There are good people everywhere, and she went out of her way to avoid helping. We’ve been fighting about this ever since. Who is right?

Hmm OK ..... Pets are more important that people, well ok then

The animals need help too. And at least she gave.
But the argument between these two seems a little more basic.

The Hurricane will go away, people will survive and rebuild.
But the President is here for another 3 years, and that sounds like the real argument to me.