Tea-rrible

Restitution

Went to Teariffic for dinner the other day with family. I must say that I will most definitely NOT be going back! $55 to eat undercooked food, eat with plastic utensils, and that doesn't even include the price for drinks! We were also the only group in the entire place and still took 20 minutes to get our food??!!

On top of it all, the woman who took our orders was extremely rude.

Yet another local SOMD disappointment!

PJumper

Went to Teariffic for dinner the other day with family. I must say that I will most definitely NOT be going back! $55 to eat undercooked food, eat with plastic utensils, and that doesn't even include the price for drinks! We were also the only group in the entire place and still took 20 minutes to get our food??!!

On top of it all, the woman who took our orders was extremely rude.

Yet another local SOMD disappointment!

While I'll agree that customer service could use some improvements, they generally have good freshly cooked food. How many in the family? For a family of four, that price is actually good. Unless you've been avoiding to eat out in the last couple of years, SoMD food prices has gone up.

Restitution

How many in the family? For a family of four, that price is actually good. Unless you've been avoiding to eat out in the last couple of years, SoMD food prices has gone up.

4 in family. With drinks the total was Almost $70!!! Sorry but Chinese food with drink at $17.50 each is WAYYYYY too much. Even if the food and service was excellent!

I usually get food from Happy Dragon in Ltown. Never had a bad meal and to feed the fam is about $35-40 for the same food!!!

Last edited:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
4 in family. With drinks the total was Almost $70!!! Sorry but Chinese food with drink at $14.50 each is WAYYYYY too much. Even if the food and service was excellent!

I usually get food from Happy Dragon in Ltown. Never had a bad meal and to feed the fam is about $35-40 for the same food!!!

I would never go to restaurant where it was less than $10. 00 a head. I'm thinking tilapia, Chinese farm raised shrimp and red slime.

:barf:

Restitution

I would never go to restaurant where it was less than $10. 00 a head. I'm thinking tilapia, Chinese farm raised shrimp and red slime.

:barf:

Went back to fix the pricing per person.

Personally, I wouldn't mind spending $20 or $25 per person...... if the food was good, service was good, etc.

But... Teariffic is not what I would call a $25 per person establishment. Coupled with the poor service and long wait time..... more like sub-$10 joint!

lucky_bee

RBF expert
While I'll agree that customer service could use some improvements, they generally have good freshly cooked food. How many in the family? For a family of four, that price is actually good. Unless you've been avoiding to eat out in the last couple of years, SoMD food prices has gone up.

Same. $55/4 is about $11-12 a plate. That's pretty typical around here, even with all the casual-fast food joints with plastic utensils like Jimmy John's/Chipotle/Firehouse/Panera, etc. When I order the regular Chinese take-out, for a family of four I'm still spending about $50+/-. I love Tearrific, we go/order out there frequently. I honestly think you may have had an off-night bc I've never encountered those issues. Plus I like that their Chinese take-out has your typical contenders with a twist. Their walnut shrimp and the coconut dumplings are the best - I've never seen that at any other greasy joint. I'll happily pay a couple more bucks for better quality Chinese food. The kids aren't allowed soda, so we all stick with water anyways. We might grab one fancy tea and share. And they're usually super quick. To me they're not a sit-down restaurant, they're more of a to-go joint with a decent sit-down area :shrug:

Sorry you had a bad experience :huggy:

edit to add: I do agree, their drink prices are a little much, but since we don't get them anyways, I haven't paid much attention to them.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tearrific makes your food fresh, which is why it takes a few minutes. Their veggies haven't been sitting in a steam table all day (which is obviously what you're used to since you thought they were undercooked).

lovinmaryland

Same. $55/4 is about $11-12 a plate. That's pretty typical around here, even with all the casual-fast food joints with plastic utensils like Jimmy John's/Chipotle/Firehouse/Panera, etc. When I order the regular Chinese take-out, for a family of four I'm still spending about $50+/-. I love Tearrific, we go/order out there frequently. I honestly think you may have had an off-night bc I've never encountered those issues. Plus I like that their Chinese take-out has your typical contenders with a twist. Their walnut shrimp and the coconut dumplings are the best - I've never seen that at any other greasy joint. I'll happily pay a couple more bucks for better quality Chinese food. The kids aren't allowed soda, so we all stick with water anyways. We might grab one fancy tea and share. And they're usually super quick. To me they're not a sit-down restaurant, they're more of a to-go joint with a decent sit-down area :shrug:

Sorry you had a bad experience :huggy:

edit to add: I do agree, their drink prices are a little much, but since we don't get them anyways, I haven't paid much attention to them.

I agree mustve been an off night. We get take out from there pretty frequently (couple times a month) and have never had an issue. Their fried rice isn't my favorite...just rice tossed w/ veggies. Its pretty bland. But everything else I've had has been really pretty good.

I do have to agree w/ OP that the Happy Dragon in Leonardtown is better than Teariffic though. So it might be hard to give a fair assessment if you go in expecting one thing and get another.

luvmygdaughters

I agree mustve been an off night. We get take out from there pretty frequently (couple times a month) and have never had an issue. Their fried rice isn't my favorite...just rice tossed w/ veggies. Its pretty bland. But everything else I've had has been really pretty good.

I do have to agree w/ OP that the Happy Dragon in Leonardtown is better than Teariffic though. So it might be hard to give a fair assessment if you go in expecting one thing and get another.

I have never been to Tea-riffic, but, I love the Happy Dragon's food. Never been disappointed when I go there.

Forkian

I love the Happy Dragon's food. Never been disappointed when I go there.
Based on the recommendations of Happy Dragon on these forums, I got take out there for the first time today. I have to say it was delicious! The rice portions were very small. But the food was great, the best chicken with cashew nuts that I have had in a long time.