Confederate flag to be removed from county fair

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0817/rebel-flag-to-be-removed-from-county-fair.html

La Plata, MD - A discussion among the Charles County Commissioners slated for Tuesday, Aug. 29 concerning the flying of the Confederate flag at the Charles County Fair turned into a non-issue when Commissioner President Peter Murphy [D] announced the matter had been resolved.

“What has occurred is that the fair board has met with the Sons of Confederate Veterans group,” he added. “I am very proud to say that by working together, they have resolved this issue. Together it has been agreed they will set up their display, however, there will not be any flag flown.

Midnightrider

sounds like they caved, you need to grow some balls and tell these folks no the flag will fly, but like I sais "no balls" its funny a few are making decisions for the rest of america

from what I understand the fair board made its decision in conjunction with the sons of the confederacy prior to the county commissioners meeting. The SOTC agreed that it would be best to not fly the flag, but they are still having their normal display. What is the problem?