Why doesn't the media condemn left wing violence?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Opinion: Newt Gingrich: Why doesn't the media condemn leftwing violence? - Fox News
https://apple.news/AW3t1RXtgRKSZZ9iAg-HXfg

“NPR described the attack as “scattered violence,” claiming it was “unclear how the aggressors were aligned.” Even after citing another journalist who said the violence was caused by members of Antifa, the network made sure to add that “the man being beaten may have been a member of the alt-right.””

nutz

Opinion: Newt Gingrich: Why doesn't the media condemn leftwing violence? - Fox News
https://apple.news/AW3t1RXtgRKSZZ9iAg-HXfg

“NPR described the attack as “scattered violence,” claiming it was “unclear how the aggressors were aligned.” Even after citing another journalist who said the violence was caused by members of Antifa, the network made sure to add that “the man being beaten may have been a member of the alt-right.””

Because they've seen how Trump was treated.

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/2017/P...-Virginia/id-9ae4d99abf054f9ea56c1ef1771979f1
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/08/1...s-comments-draws-out-local-gop-house-members/
http://www.euronews.com/2017/08/14/...white-supremacists-for-charlottesville-attack

Hijinx

Left wing violence is the media's agenda.
It sells papers.
They are not about to condemn it even when they are the victims of it.

SamSpade

Because the media refuses to believe that it exists at all.

When it was CLEAR enough to Nancy Pelosi, many media outlets continued to under-report the extent of the antifa violence.

This past year, when left-wing groups went to Trump rallies to pick fights - the media blamed the Trump supporters.

When political violence is reported at all - it's first suggested that it is right-wing - and when it's shown not to be - retractions are ignored.

Ann Coulter even wrote her current piece on this - http://www.anncoulter.com/

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The left likes to romanticize violence. Baltimore riots were labeled as the outcry of a targeted community. The media, in their minds, are able to justify the looting of hard working people's stores.

Hear a discussion on the radio how people in the Houston area reverted to looting in order to feed their families. So taking some consumables is fine, but hard to argue that the guy carrying a big screen TV away from the big box store is somehow doing this to feed his family.

Last edited:

Wishbone

The left likes to romanticize violence. Baltimore riots were labeled as the outcry of a targeted community. The media, in their minds, are able to justify the looting of hard working people's stores.

Hear a discussion on the radio how people in the Houston area reverted to looting in order to feed their families. So taking some consumables is fine, but hard to argue that the guy carrying a big screen TV away from the big box store is somehow doing this to feed his family.

He's doing it so he can watch the weather channel!

Next stop... Home Depot to get a discount Generator.

Hijinx

Is there a difference between a price gouger and a looter?

If there is I don't see it.

Weems

Is there a difference between a price gouger and a looter?

If there is I don't see it.

What you call "price gouging" is what most of us call "basic economics". Consider this question: "is the relationship between supply and demand the same after a natural disaster than it was before?"

Next you'll be calling for government-mandated price ceilings.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What you call "price gouging" is what most of us call "basic economics". Consider this question: "is the relationship between supply and demand the same after a natural disaster than it was before?"

Hi TJ! :smoochy:

Hijinx

That is your opinion. There is a difference price gouging and supply and demand.
And I won't have to call for Price ceilings. If it gets bad enough they will come without me.

But you see $99 dollars for a case of bottled water is price gouging I don't give a #### how many times you call it supply and demand.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ing-in-wake-of-harvey/?utm_term=.9bd90a0e4f67

I call it theft from an unmerciful common sonofabitch.

Weems

That is your opinion. There is a difference price gouging and supply and demand.
And I won't have to call for Price ceilings. If it gets bad enough they will come without me.

But you see $99 dollars for a case of bottled water is price gouging I don't give a #### how many times you call it supply and demand.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ing-in-wake-of-harvey/?utm_term=.9bd90a0e4f67

I call it theft from an unmerciful common sonofabitch.

It's not opinion at all. It is immutable economic fact. After disasters like this the relationship between supply and demand changes markedly. If prices didn't rise to a new equilibrium then people would be demand more because the product is underpriced.

If prices didn't rise then people with capital would just buy up the supply and resell it at market prices for a profit. They can do this because the product is under priced. Would those enterprising people be gouging?Unmerciful?

How would price ceilings work without the hand of government to enforce it do you think?

Hijinx

It's not opinion at all. It is immutable economic fact. After disasters like this the relationship between supply and demand changes markedly. If prices didn't rise to a new equilibrium then people would be demand more because the product is underpriced.

If prices didn't rise then people with capital would just buy up the supply and resell it at market prices for a profit. They can do this because the product is under priced. Would those enterprising people be gouging?Unmerciful?

How would price ceilings work without the hand of government to enforce it do you think?

Yes they are crooked bastards to take advantage, but you seem to like them.

Weems

Yes they are crooked bastards to take advantage, but you seem to like them.

OK, so now that you're on record as suggesting that retailers and arbitrageurs alike are scum of the earth for doing what is natural, and you claim not to be for government intervention in the area of price ceilings, what is your solution to this problem that you're bemoaning?

Hijinx

OK, so now that you're on record as suggesting that retailers and arbitrageurs alike are scum of the earth for doing what is natural, and you claim not to be for government intervention in the area of price ceilings, what is your solution to this problem that you're bemoaning?

Put me on record as saying anything you like TJ I don't have all day for your BS.
Price gouging is wrong no matter how much you like it.

Weems

Actually it's $3.98 at Sam's club, so $2.50 may be a little cheap.

So by how much should the prices of various increasingly scarce goods in the wake of a natural disaster like this be "allowed" to rise? Certainly you understand that number is non-zero, don't you?

What forces will keep prices from increasing above your ceiling? Would that be market forces or something else?

You seem to know what price constitutes a "gouge". It therefore follows you know what the "goldilocks" level would be.

What would be your proposes solution to this problem you bemoan?

Hijinx

So by how much should the prices of various increasingly scarce goods in the wake of a natural disaster like this be "allowed" to rise? Certainly you understand that number is non-zero, don't you?

What forces will keep prices from increasing above your ceiling? Would that be market forces or something else?

You seem to know what price constitutes a "gouge". It therefore follows you know what the "goldilocks" level would be.

What would be your proposes solution to this problem you bemoan?

I told you I don't have all day for your silly BS, Buzz off.
Go bug someone else