Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crime Lab @ Tackle box this am

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    That is why I won't set foot in the Tackle Box. They should be shut down until they can secure their inventory correctly.
    Maybe hiring an armed guard on off hours would help.
    "It's nice to be important but it's also important to be nice."

Quote Originally Posted by frequentflier View Post
    Maybe hiring an armed guard on off hours would help.
    You would think by now they would have fixed the physical security and added some additional electronic surveillance and security.
    Don't need an armed guard either. A dog and a night watchman.
    Doesn't the sheriff have the Lexington Park substation? I'll skip the snide remarks.
    But you would think they would make it a routine patrol .

Lights in the rear, cameras. That stuff isn't expensive. No reason they shouldn't have the perps on tape.

But there are reasons, but it would be speculation to think someone doesn't care enough to take steps.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

Quote Originally Posted by BernieP View Post
    You would think by now they would have fixed the physical security and added some additional electronic surveillance and security.
    Doesn't the sheriff have the Lexington Park substation? I'll skip the snide remarks.

Lights in the rear, cameras. That stuff isn't expensive. No reason they shouldn't have the perps on tape.

But there are reasons, but it would be speculation to think someone doesn't care enough to take steps.
    Last time he spoke on the subject, he expressed that he had met his minimum legal requirement and didnt intend to make any changes. That was two robberies back, I think.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    Went through the crime reports at the sheriff's blog for the past month, no report on Tackle Box.
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

I was there at 7am the morning after. It took these idiots about 30 minutes to actually break in to the store, they took 4 or 5 guns, and the cops were waiting for them in the parking lot when they came out. Sounds like to me that it was pretty well secured and the cameras and security system proved to be very valuable. Not sure why everyone is bad mouthing the Tackle Box, other than several people here do nothing but bad mouth everything in the world

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker12 View Post
    I was there at 7am the morning after. It took these idiots about 30 minutes to actually break in to the store, they took 4 or 5 guns, and the cops were waiting for them in the parking lot when they came out. Sounds like to me that it was pretty well secured and the cameras and security system proved to be very valuable. Not sure why everyone is bad mouthing the Tackle Box, other than several people here do nothing but bad mouth everything in the world
    Excellent news. Brought the haters up short, I'm sure...
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

If he's upped his game, that's great. Glad to hear it.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by BernieP View Post

Our insurance company said absolutely not when I asked about a dog for the storage area.
    “WH press corps, it's tough to keep track of the precise number of asses on the premises” D. Gross

To be clear, the last time this happened, I think more than 40 handguns were stolen because they were able to break in easily through the cinder block walls and because the guns were in simple glass display cases, there were able to grab that many in a short period and get away in I think 5 minutes before the cops showed up. And the owners answer at the time was that it was too hard to secure that many weapons at the end of every day.

https://smnewsnet.com/archives/36840...nd-cigarettes/

http://forums.somd.com/threads/14222...ut-in-Burglary

So, my question back to the crowd is that if it had not taken 30 minutes for them to gain entry, would the police still have been waiting for them?
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    To be clear, the last time this happened, I think more than 40 handguns were stolen because they were able to break in easily through the cinder block walls and because the guns were in simple glass display cases, there were able to grab that many in a short period and get away in I think 5 minutes before the cops showed up. And the owners answer at the time was that it was too hard to secure that many weapons at the end of every day.

https://smnewsnet.com/archives/36840...nd-cigarettes/

http://forums.somd.com/threads/14222...ut-in-Burglary
    What do you think gun stores should do with there gun inventory at the close of business?
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

Members who have read this thread: 140