About that 3% Growth ....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Nope, Trump has yet to put forth any economic policies ..... but merely getting elected has had a positive effect on business owners confidence *

Barack Obama Is Now The Only President In History To Never Have A Year Of 3% GDP Growth

Following today's extremely disappointing US GDP growth data, we have the final nail in the coffin of President Obama's economic reign. Not only is the average annual growth rate of just 1.48% during Obama's business cycle the weakest of any expansion since at least 1949, he has just become the only President to have not had even one year of 3% GDP growth.

An average annual GDP growth of 1.48% during Obama's two terms... [chart at link]

As a reminder to a few blinkered media types, this means President Obama's "recovery" has officially been the worst recovery in US history (despite adding almost $10 trillion to the national debt)...

* [queue trolls arguing Trump is benefiting from Obama Policies - Well, which policies sport, which ones specifically, Which Obama Economic Policies Are Responsible For the Current Growth]

transporter

Note: just to put a finer point on your ignorance...

You start your post by stating that Trump has done nothing to impact the US economy (which is true). You end your post by claiming that nothing that happened during the Obama presidency has impacted the economy under Trump (that is insipidly stupid).

If Trump has done nothing, then any actions/inactions taken under previous administration(s) are, by default, charting the course for the economy. You can't have it both ways...

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
President Trump's election signaled to the business community that things were going to improve. Harmful regulations are being removed. A friendlier business environment is evident by the uptick in the stock market since the election. Unemployment is down and jobs are being created in order to facilitate business growth.

Optimism has replaced the pessimism of the previous administration. If you don't believe that, check your 401K statement.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
President Trump's election signaled to the business community that things were going to improve. Harmful regulations are being removed. A friendlier business environment is evident by the uptick in the stock market since the election. Unemployment is down and jobs are being created in order to facilitate business growth.

Optimism has replaced the pessimism of the previous administration. If you don't believe that, check your 401K statement.

@ Transporter ... is that you TJ :shrug:

What He said ... OPTIMISM

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Note: just to put a finer point on your ignorance...

You start your post by stating that Trump has done nothing to impact the US economy (which is true). You end your post by claiming that nothing that happened during the Obama presidency has impacted the economy under Trump (that is insipidly stupid).

If Trump has done nothing, then any actions/inactions taken under previous administration(s) are, by default, charting the course for the economy. You can't have it both ways...

With the anti-business Child King gone...things turned around pretty quickly.

Now if Trump can just get those tax income cuts though..especially the tax rate on pass-through business income...we'll see better than 3% growth.

Pete

Repete
The reduction in regulations has certainly helped. I am still waiting for him to ditch the stupid gas can nozzle EPA mess before I am ready to call it a success.

Clem72

The what?..

Probably means those retracting openings that are so poorly implemented in cheapo Chinese made gas cans that you either have to cut the tip off the spout or remove the spout and risk getting gas all over the place when you poor. And even if they function correctly, you need to tip the can almost upside down to use them, so again you risk taking a gas bath.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Probably means those retracting openings that are so poorly implemented in cheapo Chinese made gas cans that you either have to cut the tip off the spout or remove the spout and risk getting gas all over the place when you poor. And even if they function correctly, you need to tip the can almost upside down to use them, so again you risk taking a gas bath.

Ahh. I found a source of replacement spouts on eBay and bought a dozen of them. Not only are they plain old fashioned flexible pour spouts with a cap on the end...the kits come with the little yellow vent inserts so you can fix that problem too.

PeoplesElbow

The reduction in regulations has certainly helped. I am still waiting for him to ditch the stupid gas can nozzle EPA mess before I am ready to call it a success.

I could be wrong but I think that is a California state law, they are just such a large state the gas can manufactures made the cans to comply with California law.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I could be wrong but I think that is a California state law, they are just such a large state the gas can manufactures made the cans to comply with California law.

EPA made it nationwide in 2009 when they adopted the CARB requirements.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Damn was hoping it was just the idiots in California that thought spilling a pint of gas every time I fill up my mower was better than having a vented gas can.
They're the ones that thought of it, its just an EPA regulation, maybe someone on the President's ground crew can mention it to him to EO it out. :yay: