ISO Recommendations Crabs

Loper

Animal Poor!
Looking to buy some crabs this afternoon for my in-laws. Anyone got the scoop on where to buy from this time of year? Thanks!

luvmygdaughters

I got two bushels from Thompsons in Mechanicsville yesterday for one of our Employee Appreciation Luncheons. They were all large, fat and steamed to perfection. We actually had one that one measured 12" from claw to claw. Also got 5 lbs of steamed shrimp. Everything was delicious!! 301-884-5251.

Loper

Animal Poor!
I got two bushels from Thompsons in Mechanicsville yesterday for one of our Employee Appreciation Luncheons. They were all large, fat and steamed to perfection. We actually had one that one measured 12" from claw to claw. Also got 5 lbs of steamed shrimp. Everything was delicious!! 301-884-5251.

Thanks! I'm only looking to get a couple dozen.

Loper

Animal Poor!
They sell them by the dozen too. Theres also Crab Knockers in Leonardtown, not sure where you're located. If you want to eat them at restaurant, I highly recommend Drift Inn.

I've heard mixed reviews about Crab Knockers and that it was pretty hit or miss with them. I ended up going over the bridge to Capt Smith's??

Loper

Animal Poor!
Capt. Smiths? Is that the place in Solomons? How were they?

Yes, by the post office and Bingo place. I'm only a picker I don't eat it. LOL So I can't speak to taste but they were meaty. I ordered 2 dozen #1 males, I think they snuck a couple of #2's in there but they also threw a couple extra in because there were about 27 or 28 crabs instead of 24. I don't know if that is normal or not. I also bought a couple lbs of JUMBO shrimp and they were huge & tasty. 3 adults ate their fill of crab and picked the rest and I ended up with almost 2 lbs of meat for crab cakes. Everyone was satisfied so I'll go back.