Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zee Best

Zee Best

What happened with Zee Best in Laurel Grove? When did it close? Always heard good reviews about the food and service.

Dang!! It closed?? I always wanted to try that place.

Quote Originally Posted by mitzi View Post
    What happened with Zee Best in Laurel Grove? When did it close? Always heard good reviews about the food and service.
    I wanna say end of July, but it could have been the 1st or 2nd week in August. It was within the last month

Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear that. They had a cute place and good chow.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

I think the location is just doomed, but they seemed to be doing well.

They call me ... Sarcasmo kom526's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They boomed with business. The word they were giving was the desire to spend more time with family.
    Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been.

Somewhere, a teacher is crying with their red marker after reading your dribble.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    They boomed with business. The word they were giving was the desire to spend more time with family.
    They closed for a period in June for a wedding, then I believe they closed for good 31 July. I checked their Facebook page after we went and it was closed and it was about family time was needed. It's a damn shame. We started going a 2 to 3 times a month and it was always busy and the food was great. We longed for a local place that wasn't a chain and you did not have to wait 45 minutes to get in.

Cow and Fish has disappointed too many times to be our alternate. We have gone several times and my SO gets steak and calling it tough is an understatement. When you sell a NY strip for $20 you don't expect it to be a tough grizzly mess. 3 times it has been bad. Note: If you are going to serve tough steak put out sharp knives. Seeing someone sawing away on a steak like a lumber jack its not a good thing.

We have started going to Jesse's Place in LT next to the Urban BBQ. It is good and offers Tapas.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They closed for a period in June for a wedding, then I believe they closed for good 31 July. I checked their Facebook page after we went and it was closed and it was about family time was needed. It's a damn shame. We started going a 2 to 3 times a month and it was always busy and the food was great. We longed for a local place that wasn't a chain and you did not have to wait 45 minutes to get in.

Cow and Fish has disappointed too many times to be our alternate. We have gone several times and my SO gets steak and calling it tough is an understatement. When you sell a NY strip for $20 you don't expect it to be a tough grizzly mess. 3 times it has been bad. Note: If you are going to serve tough steak put out sharp knives. Seeing someone sawing away on a steak like a lumber jack its not a good thing.

We have started going to Jesse's Place in LT next to the Urban BBQ. It is good and offers Tapas.
    Jesse's Place? Never heard of it. Tell me more...
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    Its in the same building as Urban BBQ. I've heard good things about it. I believe its Asian Fusion food.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    What she said, Asian twist to their food. Its small but nice.

Members who have read this thread: 66