Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Police Officer arrests Nurse.

Police Officer arrests Nurse.

I saw this on facebook yesterday, and assumed the officer had lost his fricking mind.

http://fox13now.com/2017/09/01/salt-...-u-of-u-nurse/

I still think so.

I suppose it is important for a blood test of the Truck Driver, but the truck driver wasn't the cause of the accident.
    A car driven by a person chased by police drove into him.Where was he supposed to go.?
    Was it so important that this officer couldn't wait for a warrant?
    It's not like the truck driver was going anywhere.

It's important for Police and Firefighters and Hospital emergency room personnel to get along and work together, they are in contact so often.
    This guy just blew it for cops going into that emergency room.
    That was crazy.

Some LE just don't take NO for a answer well, seems that have had this problem with Johnny Law before. That's why the nurse tried to show the officers the agreement between the hospital and local LE.
    She will get a nice check and he will be looking for a new job.
    Good job officers on holding up that oath you took.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

There was no reason whatsoever to take the truck driver's blood. He wasn't a suspect in the crash.

But it's all OK now. You see, the police chief and mayor of SLC have apologized. That's about as much as you're going to get out of anyone on this. Sure, the nurse may collect a few dollars for her rights which were violated (at taxpayer expense most likely), but six months from now when this has passed from our short-term memories, and the cop is finished with his paid vacation, this cop will still be policing citizens in SLC. He'll go on to retire and continue to fleece tax-paying citizens. Many speeches will be given at his send-off and everyone will be regaled with stories of what a good man, husband, father, cop he is.

Blog Entries
    If nothing else, this shows that cops aren't just aggressive toward black people. Which we knew, but stories like this pretty much expose the whole BLM movement for the fraud it is.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    I suppose it is important for a blood test of the Truck Driver, but the truck driver wasn't the cause of the accident.
    A car driven by a person chased by police drove into him.Where was he supposed to go.?
    Was it so important that this officer couldn't wait for a warrant?
    It's not like the truck driver was going anywhere.
    Any blood alcohol in his system would be going away as time passes. But that's just the nature of the beast, I dont think 'exigency' trumps the 4th amendment when it comes to a blood draw. I also doubt that 'implied consent' is applicable here as even under 'implied consent' you still have the option to refuse if you are willing to bear the consequences for doing that.

Looks like cop got an authority trip which will now cost him his career.

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    If nothing else, this shows that cops aren't just aggressive toward black people. Which we knew, but stories like this pretty much expose the whole BLM movement for the fraud it is.
    Wait, she isn't black?
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

One comment I read said that People who like to bully others make poor police officers.

I think this was a great comment.

Utah has an implied consent law for operators of motor vehicles.
    41-6a-520. Implied consent to chemical tests for alcohol or drug -- Number of tests -- Refusal -- Warning, report.
    (1)
    (a) A person operating a motor vehicle in this state is considered to have given the person's consent to a chemical test or tests of the person's breath, blood, urine, or oral fluids for the purpose of determining whether the person was operating or in actual physical control of a motor vehicle while:
    (i) having a blood or breath alcohol content statutorily prohibited under Section 41-6a-502, 41-6a-530, or 53-3-231;
    (ii) under the influence of alcohol, any drug, or combination of alcohol and any drug under Section 41-6a-502; or
    (iii) having any measurable controlled substance or metabolite of a controlled substance in the person's body in violation of Section 41-6a-517.
    (b) A test or tests authorized under this Subsection (1) must be administered at the direction of a peace officer having grounds to believe that person to have been operating or in actual physical control of a motor vehicle while in violation of any provision under Subsections (1)(a)(i) through (iii).
    (c)
    (i) The peace officer determines which of the tests are administered and how many of them are administered.
    (ii) If a peace officer requests more than one test, refusal by a person to take one or more requested tests, even though the person does submit to any other requested test or tests, is a refusal under this section.
    (d)
    (i) A person who has been requested under this section to submit to a chemical test or tests of the person's breath, blood, or urine, or oral fluids may not select the test or tests to be administered.
    (ii) The failure or inability of a peace officer to arrange for any specific chemical test is not a defense to taking a test requested by a peace officer, and it is not a defense in any criminal, civil, or administrative proceeding resulting from a person's refusal to submit to the requested test or tests.
    Utah also addresses if the subject is not able to withdraw implied consent:
    41-6a-522. Person incapable of refusal.
    Any person who is dead, unconscious, or in any other condition rendering the person incapable of refusal to submit to any chemical test or tests is considered to not have withdrawn the consent provided for in Subsection 41-6a-520(1), and the test or tests may be administered whether the person has been arrested or not.
    This basically says that if the officer believes you to be operating a motor vehicle under the influence, you are subject to breath/blood/urine/oral tests. You may refuse, with consequences. If you are unable to refuse, consent is still valid.

Wait! What? But the patient was the one how got hit.
    Not being at the scene of the accident, we are not in a position to know the details of the scene. It's possible there was evidence indicating the patient had been operating their vehicle under the influence leading the officer to believe so.

So why did the nurse get arrested?
    Because she refused to comply with a possible legal order from an officer. She should have complied. If there were doubts about the legality of the order, it should be determined in a court of law or face the consequences of refusing the order from the officer.

But the hospital has a policy of not administering these tests of incapacitated patients.
    Hospital policy doesn't have any weight compared to the law. It's there to CYA against lawsuits from patients.
    Anyone who tells you that the negative is not just as important as the positive has obviously never jump-started their car.

Quote Originally Posted by TWL View Post
    Utah has an implied consent law for operators of motor vehicles.

Utah also addresses if the subject is not able to withdraw implied consent:

This basically says that if the officer believes you to be operating a motor vehicle under the influence, you are subject to breath/blood/urine/oral tests. You may refuse, with consequences. If you are unable to refuse, consent is still valid.

Wait! What? But the patient was the one how got hit.
    Not being at the scene of the accident, we are not in a position to know the details of the scene. It's possible there was evidence indicating the patient had been operating their vehicle under the influence leading the officer to believe so.

So why did the nurse get arrested?
    Because she refused to comply with a possible legal order from an officer. She should have complied. If there were doubts about the legality of the order, it should be determined in a court of law or face the consequences of refusing the order from the officer.

But the hospital has a policy of not administering these tests of incapacitated patients.
    Hospital policy doesn't have any weight compared to the law. It's there to CYA against lawsuits from patients.
    If that's the law then IMO the law is wrong. Of course they don't give a damn about my opinion. Most lawmakers dont.

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Excuse me, but you are only assuming she doesn't identify as a transgender black man.
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

Members who have read this thread: 92