Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 202

Thread: Police Officer arrests Nurse.

  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    SO they never put the cuffs on her, and actually arrested her??

    Not what I got from the video.
    That's not what I said Bob, she was arrested, handcuffed and placed in the back of a cruiser.
    The officer had been told not only by the police Dept where the accident happened that it was OK that he couldn't get a blood sample along with the investigators with his own Dept it was not legal for him to do so.
    But yet he insisted to continue with what he wanted to do, and he arrested her.
    She was released from the back of the cruiser 20 min later.. because they wrongfully arrested her. Why is that so hard to understand..
    She was wrongfully arrested in a crowd of people..
    He did this against the orders of his Superior's in a crowd, what do you think he has done on the job when no one is watching?
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

  2. #162
    BTW... a wrongful arrest is still an arrest and will affect any security clearance. You have to put it on your form because the question is "Have you ever been arrested?" It can and will most likely add weeks and more likely months to your security investigation even if it is clearly documented that it was a wrongful arrest.

    I have a co-worker who didn't realize you didn't have to report arrests prior to the age of 18 so he noted an arrest that happened when he was 16. He gave full detail written explanation and provided the records and even an explicit letter of apology from the police department but it added just over 6 weeks to the investigation because they have to fully investigate even if the arrest was wrongful or did not result in criminal charges.
    Last edited by kwillia; 09-13-2017 at 04:10 PM.
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.


    LibertyBeacon

  3. #163
    If I may ...

    Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    BTW... a wrongful arrest is still an arrest and will affect any security clearance. You have to put it on your form because the question is "Have you ever been arrested?" It can and will most likely add weeks and more likely months to your security investigation even if it is clearly documented that it was a wrongful arrest.

    I have a co-worker who didn't realize you didn't have to report arrests prior to the age of 18 so he noted an arrest that happened when he was 16. He gave full detail written explanation and provided the records and even an explicit letter of apology from the police department but it added just over 6 weeks to the investigation because they have to fully investigate even if the arrest was wrongful or did not result in criminal charges.
    Big difference between being arrested and being handcuffed. One is not truly arrested until such time as you are entered into the system during booking.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

  4. #164
    Registered User PeoplesElbow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Smackdown hotel
    Posts
    4,838
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...



    Big difference between being arrested and being handcuffed. One is not truly arrested until such time as you are entered into the system during booking.
    Forcibly detained illegally, isn't that the definition of kidnapping?

    The cop detained her because she pissed him off and he wanted to swing his dick around.
    Last edited by PeoplesElbow; 09-13-2017 at 06:14 PM.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

  5. #165
    If I may ...

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    Forcibly detained illegally, isn't that the definition of kidnapping?
    Yup. As well as a color-of-law violation.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...



    Big difference between being arrested and being handcuffed. One is not truly arrested until such time as you are entered into the system during booking.



    Absolutely incorrect, as soon as the officer says those magical words " you are under arrest" you are under arrest. You are no longer being detained.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

  7. #167
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    19,343
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...



    Big difference between being arrested and being handcuffed. One is not truly arrested until such time as you are entered into the system during booking.


    Nope..... and I did bounce about 5-7 different sources who all agree.

    http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal...html?version=2


    The criminal justice process typically begins when a police officer places a person under arrest. (Also see Chronology: The Arrest Process.) An "arrest" occurs when a person has been taken into police custody and is no longer free to leave or move about. The use of physical restraint or handcuffs is not necessary. An arrest can be complete when a police officer simply tells a crime suspect that he or she is "under arrest", and the suspect submits without the officer's use of any physical force. The key to an arrest is the exercise of police authority over a person, and that person's voluntary or involuntary submission.
    "I aim to misbehave."

  8. #168
    The chic on my sofa has a Juris Doctorate, that's where I get my law questions answered.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Not what I'm saying.. and I'm sorry my meaning was lost. Next time I'll write it in English so you'll better understand.


    For example.. You get stopped for DUI.. You KNOW you haven't been drinking, there is ZERO alcohol in your system..

    And the cop says, I'm arresting you for DUI.

    Is that an unlawful arrest because YOU know you haven't been drinking.. and being in your mind an unlawful arrest, that gives you the right to resist??

    Since you KNOW you didn't have anything to drink, he asks you to turn around, you can run away into the night.. pull away from.. scream at the top of your lungs??

    The Nurse isn't a Judge or a Lawyer so how does she know at that time, that she is being arrested unlawfully?? That she has the right to resist, and fight back?? Like the cops themselves say(at the time of the incident), if they are wrong it can be resolved civilly after the fact
    Still didn't bother to read the entirety of the law, did you?

    Shame.

  10. #170
    If I may ...

    Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Absolutely incorrect, as soon as the officer says those magical words " you are under arrest" you are under arrest. You are no longer being detained.
    Ok, ok .... allow me to clarify. Without being processed and booked after that arrest, there is no record of that arrest. Such as for the nurse. She was arrested but then released without ever leaving the hospital. Therefore there is no record of her arrest, other than being on the news. So, should she ever have to answer the question if she'd ever been arrested, she could answer no since there is no record of her ever being arrested in the system. So it's really a quasi arrest.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Members who have read this thread: 92

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |