Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Irma...Uncertain course

With all the doom and gloom TWC is broadcasting, it was a pleasure watching Stephanie Abrams this morning.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

No one is talking about Hurricane Nate. It sounds like it is not that bad, but it is bad because of Harvey, Irma and Maria. I wish the best to b23 and Heavy. Stay safe.
    Last edited by littlelady; 10-08-2017 at 01:00 AM.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    No one is talking about Hurricane Nate. It sounds like it is not that bad, but it is bad because of Harvey, Irma and Maria. I wish the best to b23 and Heavy. Stay safe.
    Nate was just a couple of days of rain and some nice wind. It helped with the stifling humidity. The negative - one of the power surges blew out the fan in my AC unit. So yet another few days without AC. This is like the 8th time this summer my AC has gone out.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyChevy75 View Post
    Nate was just a couple of days of rain and some nice wind. It helped with the stifling humidity. The negative - one of the power surges blew out the fan in my AC unit. So yet another few days without AC. This is like the 8th time this summer my AC has gone out.
    Sorry. That is a bummer. We have lost a few applicances over the years from power surges. Glad it wasn't too bad, otherwise. You are awesome for what you did to help others, during this hurricane season.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    Sorry. That is a bummer. We have lost a few applicances over the years from power surges. Glad it wasn't too bad, otherwise. You are awesome for what you did to help others, during this hurricane season.
    Last night no lie it was 92 in the rest of the house. I put the bedroom AC on so that the dog and I could be cool. I have 2 more stalls to do today and am dreading it because it is so humid.

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyChevy75 View Post
    We got very little rain or wind from Nate here in the bay area, but it is hot - 92. We in the area still have piles and piles of dry tree debris all over the roadways and homes still from Irma.

The 2017 Sweat Fest continues, but they say it will cool down someday soon.....
    Last edited by b23hqb; 10-10-2017 at 11:10 AM.
    “The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.” - President James A. Garfield

Jim Cantore said this morning that the east coast could see this high temperature/humidity for the rest of October.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Jim Cantore said this morning that the east coast could see this high temperature/humidity for the rest of October.
    I hope so. The Bay fishing (from the shore) has been hot and when I can let the kiddies swim while fishing, it's that much longer I can drown a worm.

Members who have read this thread: 152