Local H.S. Football Broadcasts

SoccerFan

While driving home Friday evening, I noticed that 1690 AM WPTX was broadcasting a high school football game between St. Charles and Thomas Stone. Apparently the station is going to broadcast a local high school football "game of the week" this year. They have even started a website for the station with a 24/7 live stream of WPTX, which should help those outside their nighttime broadcast area hear the games. Their website appears to be "under construction" but the live stream is up and running: http://1690wptx.com/. Hopefully once it's finished it will include a schedule of upcoming games and possibly a way for anyone who missed a game to download or replay it.

Last edited:

SoccerFan

Nope, it's still very much on the air and still playing an adult standards music format. My wife and I own three cars. Two receive AM stations very well and the third has AM reception that's spotty at best. I don't know what the difference is between the two that receive AM well and the one that doesn't. It's strange but the two newer ones have better AM reception, which seems contrary to everything I've read about problems AM stations are having these days. I guess now that they have a website and a live stream it doesn't matter if you can't receive WPTX on your car radio. You could just pull it up on your smart phone.

Last edited: