Please Tell Me This Isn't True

b23hqb

PREMO Member
But I fear it is: Sacramento City Council Votes To Pay 1.5 Million To Gang Members Not To Kill

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/sacramento-pay-gang-members-kill/

"The program pays gang members to graduate school and stop shooting at people. If a gang member wants to start killing people, they’ll be forfeiting their taxpayer-funded payday.

The funding for the payments to the criminal gang members will come from the city’s general fund. The money will go to 50 men who are suspected of killing people, but there’s not enough evidence to prosecute them."

Maybe tax paying citizens should demand the city council pay THEM the 1.5 million to ensure those from killing city council members.:yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This has been tried before and didn't work. It's like bribing a rabid dog with a Snausage - "Doggy, here's a treat if you promise not to attack and bite anyone."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
True in the way it was reported by your source? No.

Actually it is. The Advance Peace guy tries to confuse it with a bunch of pretty words and double speak, but in fact they are giving these guys money to do what decent people do for free. Boggan is a salesman and he preys on the weak-minded (aka "City Council Members") to make a living.

Rather than pay rabid dogs to not bite, it makes more sense to identify the at-riskers with potential, pull them out of their environment (this is imperative and needs to be done young), then retrain them. Just like you would a rescue pitbull. But nobody wants to do that because it would reduce the underclass, and then who are they going to "care" about? These people don't want to fix the problem; they want to appear to care and this program is just another example.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Ahh. We have a new content patrolman, I see.

Or same old one in a different uniform...

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I was thinking along the lines of the Richmond, Ca payout for not doing gang things.

limblips

PREMO Member
The personification of obama's "cash for clunkers", spending taxpayers money to get POS's off the streets. It will work about as well too.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
The Scorpion and the Frog

A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the
scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The
frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion
says, "Because if I do, I will die too."

The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream,
the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of
paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown,
but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

Replies the scorpion: "Its my nature..."

related information:
http://www.spectacle.org/995/scorp.html

Hijinx

Of course it won't work.
When that 50 stop shooting and killing---assuming they do.
Another 50 will say "why aint I gettin my share of dat money."
Then they apply for it by shooting \and Killing.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Of course it won't work.

Yes, it does set a bad precedent.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Of course it won't work.

yup. Not only that, but these fifty, according to the article, are to just stop killing people. I assume rape, muggings, beatings, drug dealing and general mayhem are still permissible, right?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
yup. Not only that, but these fifty, according to the article, are to just stop killing people. I assume rape, muggings, beatings, drug dealing and general mayhem are still permissible, right?

How about this?

You don't kill someone, and we won't kill you.

Simple enough so even hillary voters will understand.