Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lawn Tractors

Lawn Tractors

Looking to replace our Craftsman LT2000, 17.5 HP
    It runs well, but just doesn't seem like the blades are spinning fast enough to give a nice cut.
    Blades are sharp and I only cut a couple inches.
    Current mower is a 2003, 14 years old.

Any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by DoWhat View Post
    It runs well, but just doesn't seem like the blades are spinning fast enough to give a nice cut.

Any recommendations?
    John Deere.. a real JD from a dealer not a wannabe from a big box store. I made the switch from craftsman about 15 years ago and never regretted. It's like compareing a Camry to a Lexus.

why drive a crappy Lexus when you can drive the Cadillac, get the scag zero turn with bagger

Quote Originally Posted by dave1959 View Post
    John Deere.. a real JD from a dealer not a wannabe from a big box store. I made the switch from craftsman about 15 years ago and never regretted. It's like compareing a Camry to a Lexus.
    Or a Cub Cadet from a dealer. All of the big box store John Deeres and CC's are AYP or MTD (same company). If all you want to do is mowing, a zero turn is they way to go. For tilling, plowing snow, or hauling a trailer a tractor is a better choice.
    Last edited by limblips; 09-04-2017 at 07:36 PM.
    I demand rights for left-handed people!

Any recommendations?
    I have had Nupe's 12/14(?)y/o Craftsmen for the last 9 years. It still works!
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by baxter View Post
    why drive a crappy Lexus when you can drive the Cadillac, get the scag zero turn with bagger
    Hummmmmmm... My GS300 Lexus. is 23 years old and my JD 790 is 17 years old, I don't see many 20 + years old caddies on the road and the only 15+ year old Scag mowers I see is in the junk pile behind the dealership. All a zero turn is good for is mowing grass with dry ground.

Bump up the cash and buy a rider that has lots of grease fittings. Green, Orange, Blue.. A quality mower from one of the big boys will last a lifetime, with proper maintenance.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

My recommendation would be to splurge on a set of spark plugs and maybe a new air filter and see if you get better performance.

My JD 770 is 21 years old and runs like the day I bought it new. It will outlast me.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by baxter View Post
    get the scag zero turn with bagger
    Knowing how particular you are about your lawn, a zero turn is the way to go...

Any recommendations?
    1) https://www.ferrismowers.com/na/en_u...rn-mowers.html
    2) https://www.hustlerturf.com/products/Fastrak
    3) ZD323 http://kubota.com/product/Z300/Z300.aspx
    4) https://www.badboymowers.com/bad-boy...ro-turn-mowers
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

Members who have read this thread: 45