Menendez trial

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
If an illegal email server doesn't get you criminally charged, why should this be a big deal?

[FONT=&quot]The first U.S. senator to face bribery charges in nearly four decades goes on trial Wednesday in a case that could affect the Senate's partisan makeup and the fate of President Donald Trump's legislative agenda.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Robert Menendez, a Democrat in his 12th year as a senator from New Jersey, is charged with using his influence to do favors for a Florida eye doctor accused of overbilling Medicare. In return, prosecutors say, the doctor treated Menendez to "a lavish lifestyle that included private jet rides and vacations in Paris and the Caribbean."[/FONT]

it's good to have low friends in high places

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That must have been some overbilling if an eye doctor can afford to keep a Senator as an expensive pet.

There has to be more to this story, as in Menendez crossed the wrong person and they're going after him in retaliation. With all the lobbyist corruption that goes on with our Congresscritters, why all of a sudden are they all freaked out over this eye doctor?

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

That must have been some overbilling if an eye doctor can afford to keep a Senator as an expensive pet.

There has to be more to this story, as in Menendez crossed the wrong person and they're going after him in retaliation. With all the lobbyist corruption that goes on with our Congresscritters, why all of a sudden are they all freaked out over this eye doctor?

Somewhere along the line Menandez pissed off Obama.

nutz

he was convicted for bilking Medicare out of an estimated $105 million.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Wonder if he ever flew out to Lolita (orgy) Island with Bill Clinton?

It, absolutely, floors me what the Clintons did with no repercussions. There is no wondering. Our gov is corrupt. No matter how he tries, Trump will not be able to fix it; unless he gets an additional 4 years. Then, there may be 'hope for change'.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA

Yep. Mistrial. How convenient. Don’t want to be lacking that vote in the Senate, and all.

Also, my experience of being called to jury duty is you do it; no excuses. What is up with the juror being excused for longstanding vacay plans? And, then that juror talking to the press. The libprog machine is fine tuned, lubed (so to speak) and working well. Disgusting.

I did get out of jury duty, once, because of the impending birth of my first child. Nothing political. Nobody wants a woman in labor in the jury room. :jet: :lol:

All this just in time for the Reformed Tax Bill that passed the House today, but now has to go to the Senate. Interesting. Yes, I am cynical, now. I used to be a Pollyanna, but those days are gone. Our judicial system isn’t worth crap; from the Fed level on down. God bless America.

Oh, and here is my bing search on this ridiculousness...

https://www.bing.com/search?q=menen...-19&sk=&cvid=209C0B9D6BB04F1BAB5945F9DD2EAD32

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey, who chairs the Senate’s powerful Foreign Relations Committee, is facing his second FBI investigation of the decade. Back in 2015, he was indicted over a bribery scheme. Allegedly, Menendez was being given private jet flights and lavish vacations in exchange for help with government contracts. Justice was punted on in 2017, though, after the jury hung and a mistrial was declared. It was another example of how Democrats are simply untouchable in leftwing jurisdictions, something that has become all too clear over the last year.

Now, according to Kadia Goba of Buzzfeed News, Menendez is in the sights of the DOJ again and an active criminal investigation is underway.

Senator Robert Menendez, D-N.J. faces a new federal investigation, according to two people familiar with the inquiry.
Prosecutors in the Southern District of New York have contacted people connected to Menendez in recent weeks, the sources said. They have sent at least one subpoena in the case, according to a person connected to the inquiry.
An advisor to Menendez responded to a request for comment hours after Semafor published the original story. “Senator Menendez is aware of an investigation that was reported on today, however he does not know the scope of the investigation,” Michael Soliman texted Semafor. “As always, should any official inquiries be made, the Senator is available to provide any assistance that is requested of him or his office.”

It is not yet known exactly what Menendez is being targeted for this go around. You may recall that the senator was caught up in allegations of an underage child prostitution ring back in 2013. It’s possible this could have something to do with that, but that’s pure speculation on my part. It’s just as likely that Menendez, being the obviously corrupt politician, is being accused of some kind of bribery scheme again.

I'm shocked a Democrat from NJ would be under investigation

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
What I don't understand is why the people of NJ elected this guy after what his brothers did (first thing I think of when I hear Menendez trial, funny enough they did grow up in NJ).
You need to private message that to AOC.

BOP

Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey, who chairs the Senate’s powerful Foreign Relations Committee, is facing his second FBI investigation of the decade. Back in 2015, he was indicted over a bribery scheme. Allegedly, Menendez was being given private jet flights and lavish vacations in exchange for help with government contracts. Justice was punted on in 2017, though, after the jury hung and a mistrial was declared. It was another example of how Democrats are simply untouchable in leftwing jurisdictions, something that has become all too clear over the last year.

Now, according to Kadia Goba of Buzzfeed News, Menendez is in the sights of the DOJ again and an active criminal investigation is underway.

It is not yet known exactly what Menendez is being targeted for this go around. You may recall that the senator was caught up in allegations of an underage child prostitution ring back in 2013. It’s possible this could have something to do with that, but that’s pure speculation on my part. It’s just as likely that Menendez, being the obviously corrupt politician, is being accused of some kind of bribery scheme again.

I'm shocked a Democrat from NJ would be under investigation

It's bad when the DOJ that Barry built is going after a demonrat.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Federal prosecutors looking into Sen. Bob. Menendez’s wife over gifts: report

Arslanian’s associates have been subpoenaed in the investigation by the US Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York — and have been asked for information about both Arslanian and Menendez, according to the outlet.

The investigation is separate from a 2015 probe that resulted in bribery and corruption charges against Menendez, 68, and ended in a mistrial two years later.

The current probe dates back to at least 2019, according to the Journal, when federal investigators executed search warrants against New Jersey businessman Wael Hana, who runs the only company allowed to certify meat exports to Egypt as halal and is an associate of Arslanian.

Court documents reportedly indicate that prosecutors are looking into possible undisclosed foreign lobbying. Hana’s lawyer told the Journal that his client obtained his halal certification contract with Egypt “without any assistance whatsoever from any US public official.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The criminal investigation into Menendez, which first made news last October, originally centered around how IS EG Halal, a New Jersey-based halal meat business, won “an exclusive worldwide contract with Egypt to certify halal exports — as numerous other firms’ contracts were suddenly canceled in 2019,” NBC News reported.

Numerous sources told the publication that the U.S. Agriculture Department was suspicious over how the large contract was awarded to the company which had “little experience.”

Menendez’s wife is friends with the company’s owners, the report said, and the senator’s position as chairman on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee puts him in charge of billions of dollars in weapons sales to Egypt.

In 2015, Menendez was indicted on bribery charges for allegedly accepting “luxury vacations, golf outings, campaign donations and expensive flights” from Florida physician Salomon Melgen in exchange for political favors. A federal jury in Florida convicted Melgen in April of “67 charges for operating what prosecutors called a massive scheme that robbed Medicare out of as much as $105 million,” the Palm Beach Post reported.