Thread: Stop Saying White Privilege And Start Saying White Supremacy

Stop Saying White Privilege And Start Saying White Supremacy

Black Lives Matter Leader: 'Stop Saying White Privilege And Start Saying White Supremacy'

The International Ambassador for the Black Lives Matter Network is urging allies of the movement to “stop saying ‘white privilege’ and start saying ‘white supremacy.’” Janaya Khan, co-founder of Black Lives Matter-Toronto, released a video last week explaining the semantic differences between the two phrases and the need for the change.

“Popular social justice discourse has used ‘white privilege’ to describe the benefits that come with whiteness,” Khan elaborated in the video. “The problem with describing white privilege is that it looks at the individual as opposed to the system itself.”

Khan, who now resides in California, points out that there are many white people in the United States whose personal circumstances might dispel the notion of a privileged life. However, collectively, she says Caucasians have always had a systemic advantage because the country was built on the concept of ‘white supremacy,’ which Khan defines in the video as “the inherent belief that white people are superior to all other racialized groups and should, therefore, dominate society.” According to Khan, that idea is reinforced every day in America through institutional racism built into the educational system, mainstream media, and employment opportunities available to black and brown people.

“Despite the fact that there are all of these determinates of white supremacy, we still struggle to actually name the system itself. We can’t be more afraid of naming white supremacy than of white supremacy. White privilege is only half of the conversation.”
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

So, do I have to "check my supremacy" now?

Because honestly, I'm not sure I can do that.

Not because I'm white, though - indeed, I believe myself supreme and superior to white people as well.
    --
    Well, it's been in your mouth for like, three hours. It feels like it's full of water.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxick View Post
    So, do I have to "check my supremacy" now?

Because honestly, I'm not sure I can do that.

Not because I'm white, though - indeed, I believe myself supreme and superior to white people as well.
    He likes to use the saying White supremacy because that way he can paint all whites as white supremecists.
    White Nationalists.
    Nazi's

It's just a step toward condemning all whites.
    White privilege just doesn't get strong enough to stir the emotions of hate he is trying to instill.
    White Supremecist's might.

If I may ...

Name:  KKKhan2.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  69.0 KB

Because they said so ....
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

Truth.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxick View Post

Serious. I have no intention of "checking" my supremacy. I worked long and hard for that chit.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Serious. I have no intention of "checking" my supremacy. I worked long and hard for that chit.
    I hear ya! I do admit that I probably take my white supremacy for granted though. I need to be more proactive and make sure it's protected.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

That girl must hate herself every time she looks in the mirror.
    She has a lot of white in her.
    And wearing a bush hairdo doesn't hide that fact.

Members who have read this thread: 46