Stop Saying White Privilege And Start Saying White Supremacy

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Black Lives Matter Leader: 'Stop Saying White Privilege And Start Saying White Supremacy'

The International Ambassador for the Black Lives Matter Network is urging allies of the movement to “stop saying ‘white privilege’ and start saying ‘white supremacy.’” Janaya Khan, co-founder of Black Lives Matter-Toronto, released a video last week explaining the semantic differences between the two phrases and the need for the change.

“Popular social justice discourse has used ‘white privilege’ to describe the benefits that come with whiteness,” Khan elaborated in the video. “The problem with describing white privilege is that it looks at the individual as opposed to the system itself.”

Khan, who now resides in California, points out that there are many white people in the United States whose personal circumstances might dispel the notion of a privileged life. However, collectively, she says Caucasians have always had a systemic advantage because the country was built on the concept of ‘white supremacy,’ which Khan defines in the video as “the inherent belief that white people are superior to all other racialized groups and should, therefore, dominate society.” According to Khan, that idea is reinforced every day in America through institutional racism built into the educational system, mainstream media, and employment opportunities available to black and brown people.

“Despite the fact that there are all of these determinates of white supremacy, we still struggle to actually name the system itself. We can’t be more afraid of naming white supremacy than of white supremacy. White privilege is only half of the conversation.”

Toxick

Splat
So, do I have to "check my supremacy" now?

Because honestly, I'm not sure I can do that.

Not because I'm white, though - indeed, I believe myself supreme and superior to white people as well.

Hijinx

So, do I have to "check my supremacy" now?

Because honestly, I'm not sure I can do that.

Not because I'm white, though - indeed, I believe myself supreme and superior to white people as well.

He likes to use the saying White supremacy because that way he can paint all whites as white supremecists.
White Nationalists.
Nazi's

It's just a step toward condemning all whites.
White privilege just doesn't get strong enough to stir the emotions of hate he is trying to instill.
White Supremecist's might.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

KKKhan2.jpg

Because they said so ....

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Serious. I have no intention of "checking" my supremacy. I worked long and hard for that chit.

I hear ya! I do admit that I probably take my white supremacy for granted though. I need to be more proactive and make sure it's protected.