Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: You have people in this country for 20 years, they've done a great job. They've done wonderfully. Th

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dog View Post
    Not even in the same league.......just sayin'
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_López_Rivera

Should I go on or is your head already exploding?
    Why do you believe two things can't be both be bad ?

Why do you always bring up something or someone else to defend Trumps actions?

Why can't you just discuss the matter at hand?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    Try to comprehend how the constitution and the rule of law work in this country.

"Last month, a federal judge found Mr. Arpaio, a former Arizona sheriff, guilty of criminal contempt for defying a court order to stop detaining immigrants based solely on the suspicion that they were in the country illegally. The order had been issued in a lawsuit that accused the sheriff’s office of violating the Constitution by using racial profiling to jail Latinos. Mr. Arpaio had faced a sentence of up to six months in jail.

Mr. Trump thus used his constitutional power to block a federal judge’s effort to enforce the Constitution. Legal experts said they found this to be the most troubling aspect of the pardon, given that it excused the lawlessness of an official who had sworn to defend the constitutional structure.

Noah Feldman, a law professor at Harvard, argued before the pardon was issued that such a move “would express presidential contempt for the Constitution.”
    Rule of Law and the Constitution allow the President to Pardon the Sheriff..

So what's your point??
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Blog Entries
    What are you raving about?

Is any of that coherent or worthy of a response?
    If you're too stupid to get it, just say it.

It's not like anyone here will think any less of you.
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    It's not like anyone here will think any less of you.
    Truer words were never posted.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Why do you believe two things can't be both be bad ?

Why do you always bring up something or someone else to defend Trumps actions?

Why can't you just discuss the matter at hand?
    Just to clarify, you are saying many of Obama's pardons are at least as inappropriate in your eyes as you see the Trump pardon of the sheriff, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Rule of Law and the Constitution allow the President to Pardon the Sheriff..

So what's your point??
    I never said it didn't. Please try to keep up with the conversation. The point is that by pardoning him Trump is saying that his opinion is more important than the constitutional law that was used to find the sheriff guilty.

Blog Entries
    I never said it didn't. Please try to keep up with the conversation. The point is that by pardoning him Trump is saying that his opinion is more important than the constitutional law that was used to find the sheriff guilty.
    Like all of the child kings pardons?..or better?..or worse?
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Dont all Presidential pardons say that? You don't get pardoned if you were not convicted.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Noah Feldman, a law professor at Harvard, argued before the pardon was issued that such a move “would express presidential contempt for the Constitution.”
    If it showed contempt it was to the judge. Knowing what the case was about I have some contempt for her also.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Mr. Trump thus used his constitutional power to block a federal judge’s effort to enforce the Constitution. Legal experts said they found this to be the most troubling aspect of the pardon, given that it excused the lawlessness of an official who had sworn to defend the constitutional structure.

so what exactly was ILLEGAL about the pardon ?

because as it stands, the Presidents Pardon Power Trumps the Judges decision .......
    so was Bill Clinton usurping the Constitution when he pardoned Criminal hiding in another country Marc Rich ?

Obama;
    Oscar Rivera (who was responsible for setting off 28 bombs in Chicago)
    Bradley Manning

or 1900 other pardons issued by Obama

as far as lawlessness ....

Arpaio instructed his deputies to check the immigration status of anyone who was stopped for a traffic violation, and hand over any illegals they encountered to Border Patrol. Arpaio had a legal duty, according to federal and state law, to detain illegal aliens, and he did his duty.

He was accused of racial profiling, but the plain fact is that the vast majority of illegal aliens in Maricopa County are Hispanic. If he was going to do his job of protecting his citizens from illegal aliens and their criminal behavior, the vast majority of his detainees were going to be Latino. That’s not Sheriff Joe’s fault; that’s the fault of the people who broke our immigration laws. A federal judge ordered him to stop enforcing the law but Arpaio just kept right on doing the job he had sworn a sacred oath to do.

Arpaio is no racist. Under his leadership, his county had the highest percentage of Hispanic law enforcement officers of any county in the entire state, and he elevated more Hispanic officers to command posts than anyone else in Arizona. On top of all that, two of his grandchildren are of Hispanic descent.

https://www.afa.net/the-stand/cultur...-constitution/
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Members who have read this thread: 57