Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 78

Thread: Just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly

  1. #11
    Awww, jeez Monello's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canaryville AKA St. Monello
    Posts
    6,879
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    Yes. If you are a moron you can make that false comparison. And make up the fact that white americans are in any way persecuted for the actions of their forefathers.

    Snowflake
    How about we have an intelligent conversation about this subject without resorting to name calling? Point out the fallacies. Are you up for that?

    If you are a go, here's my take.

    White Americans are being penalized by the US government in things like job placement, college enrollment and contracts. The program goes by the name affirmative action. It's actually governmental racism. MLK wept.

    So we can discuss or if you want to go old(elementary) school, then I'm done.
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

    Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

  2. #12
    White Privilege > Another way of saying, Responsible, Law-Abiding, Hard Working Citizen.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Nope. I'm certain.

    The German ancestry were here for the revolutionary war, won't say what side they were on, and the remainder arrived in 1870s.

    None of them had slaves either.
    German here also, I will say the dairy barn on the family farm outside of Walkersville has a double stone wall about 8' apart on one end up through the top of the second floor.
    There may or may not be 5 or 6 bed frames still there on the second floor.
    Last edited by black dog; 09-06-2017 at 02:05 PM.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Don't watch the news much, eh Sappy? You know..all the "white guilt" BS and demands for reparations and deamands that we should give our homes to them, and on and on.. You should put down the crack pipe and get out more.
    Yeah because when a few people say something it speaks for the entire race. You love playing the victim. Poor you.

    So i guess by your logic that makes you a nazi because a couple hundred nazi's marched in Charlottseville?

    You really need a safe space if you feel so threatened any time someone says something you disagree with.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    How about we have an intelligent conversation about this subject without resorting to name calling? Point out the fallacies. Are you up for that?

    If you are a go, here's my take.

    White Americans are being penalized by the US government in things like job placement, college enrollment and contracts. The program goes by the name affirmative action. It's actually governmental racism. MLK wept.

    So we can discuss or if you want to go old(elementary) school, then I'm done.
    It's hard to have an intelligent discussion when you begin with the false equivalencies.

    Yes slavery is a stain on our collective consciousness as a country. But that doesn't mean all white people are racist. only a few outliers believe that. Many many more people believe that innocent children that follow the law should be allowed to stay in the only country they have ever known as home.

    The two are not equatable.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    It's hard to have an intelligent discussion when you begin with the false equivalencies.

    Yes slavery is a stain on our collective consciousness as a country. But that doesn't mean all white people are racist. only a few outliers believe that. Many many more people believe that innocent children that follow the law should be allowed to stay in the only country they have ever known as home.

    The two are not equatable.
    So, by "follow the law", would you agree that we automatically exempt from being exempt of law enforcement anyone who has used (above the age of 18) a false SSN or claims to being a citizen?

  7. #17
    #*! boat! Gilligan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    41,784
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    Yeah because when a few people say something it speaks for the entire race. You love playing the victim. Poor you.

    So i guess by your logic that makes you a nazi because a couple hundred nazi's marched in Charlottseville?

    You really need a safe space if you feel so threatened any time someone says something you disagree with.
    I've never felt the least bit threatened by people I disagree with. In cases like you, it's actually a constant source of both amusement and bemusement.

    Thanks for that!
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

  8. #18
    #*! boat! Gilligan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    41,784
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    Yeah because when a few people
    Far more than just a few, shortbus. In your far left bizarro world, it's practically all of you. ;-)
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    It's hard to have an intelligent discussion when you begin with the false equivalencies.
    You may be on to something right here..... after all.... let's state FACTS!

    When slavery was happening.... it was perfectly LEGAL according to the laws of the land and the Constitution.

    When Illegal Immigration is and was happening.... it was perfectly ILLEGAL according to the laws of the land and the Constitution.

    I see what you mean by "false equivalency."
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    I post stupid #### all the time.

  10. #20
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    not near PAX
    Posts
    2,581
    Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Your White Privilege is showing..
    Didn't they change that to white supremacy to more closely fit the KKK, neo-nazi thing?
    “WH press corps, it's tough to keep track of the precise number of asses on the premises” D. Gross

Members who have read this thread: 83

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |