Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 78

Thread: Just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    A mother traveling with her child is different then deporting a child who has never lived anywhere else but the United States.
    She wasn't "traveling". She moved there with another one of her husbands. So, the question stands.

    If they violated the law that would be a different matter. That is not a decision made under DACA.
    So, what was your point about being there and such?

    But, you didn't answer the question - in terms of the new legislation you would like to see happen, what would you do with over 18 "dreamers" who have used invalid SSNs or filed forms with the claim of being a US citizen?
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

  2. #42
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    33,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    to a country they have never been to, paid taxes in or been employed by.

    not my problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    and studies show will contribute to brain drain in our country
    NOBODY is going to miss 750,000 dreamers out of a citizen pool of 325 million some of your progressive brothers living in mama's basement might have to get real JOBS and quiet rioting in their black garb

    from a recent and on going Harvard Study ........

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    I have found only one source of credible, useful information for policymakers about the DACA population. It is an ongoing project of Harvard University researcher Roberto G. Gonzales, called the National UnDACAmented Research Project. There are important (self-acknowledged) caveats to the findings: The research is based on an online survey of just over 2,000 self-described DACA-eligible respondents and about 200 follow-up interviews. Gonzales believes that for a variety of reasons, the respondents are more educated and well-off than the DACA population as a whole.


    Nevertheless, the findings are interesting. Here is a sample:

    73 percent of DACA recipients he surveyed live in a low-income household (defined as qualifying for free lunch in high school);
    22 percent have earned a degree from a four-year college or university;
    21 percent have dropped out of high school;
    20 percent have no education beyond high school and no plans to attend college;
    59 percent obtained a new job with a DACA work permit, but only 45 percent increased their overall earnings;
    36 percent have a parent who holds a bachelor's degree; and
    51 percent were already employed before DACA.

    https://cis.org/Vaughan/Research-Dre...s-Public-Image
    leaving only slack jacked cousin lovers like you and your spawn.

    ah so all you have left is insults Gotcha

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    Soon you will all be competing to work at McDonald's.

    So short sighted.

    that make NO Sense ....
    but then you seldom do, in you rush to insult people ......


    sounds great, with you progressives pushing fro $ 25 dollar and hour McDonald's JOBS


    according to you elitists, us poor rubes in the fly over states should already be competing for McDonald JOBS because we are too stupid to anything else









    does it piss you off every morning getting up an a country where DONALD TRUMP is President, us poor rubes banded together and put your girl Hitlery out with the trash
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

  3. #43
    Oldtimer Ken King's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Up the hill and down the holler
    Posts
    14,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    to a country they have never been to, paid taxes in or been employed by. and studies show will contribute to brain drain in our country leaving only slack jacked cousin lovers like you and your spawn. Soon you will all be competing to work at MCdonalds. So short sighted.
    A country they have never been to? Isn't that a prerequisite to being a dreamer?

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken King View Post
    A country they have never been to? Isn't that a prerequisite to being a dreamer?
    They shift back and forth on who they're talking about to meet the desires of their heartstrings-pulling positions. I presumed on that point he was talking about the American citizens who are the children of illegal immigrants being kept with their families should the parents be deported. When they want to pull on different heartstrings, they discuss those poor kids who should not be "punished" because they were just little kiddies when their parents brought them here, so this is the only country they "know".
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

  5. #45
    Bottom line with regards to "having to leave anchor babies behind if they are deported" is that the parents are to blame! NOT the laws/government. PERIOD! It was the parents decision to come over illegally, procreate, and expect asylum. Any parent who knows this is a possibility and still decides to roll the dice is a moron and not fit to be a parent.

    I say deport their sorry azzes and put the anchors up for adoption for 12 months. If no one adopts.... they get a free ticket back to mom and dad in El- ####ehole!

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    She wasn't "traveling". She moved there with another one of her husbands. So, the question stands.

    She would be "traveling" if she left with her child as you suggested
    .

    So, what was your point about being there and such?

    But, you didn't answer the question - in terms of the new legislation you would like to see happen, what would you do with over 18 "dreamers" who have used invalid SSNs or filed forms with the claim of being a US citizen?
    Where did you get the idea that i didn't respond to this. I clearly said that if they broke the law that is a separate issue outside of DACA that needs to be addressed.

    So now that I've answered both your questions twice why can't you admit that you are a slobbering Trump sycophant

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    Where did you get the idea that i didn't respond to this. I clearly said that if they broke the law that is a separate issue outside of DACA that needs to be addressed.

    So now that I've answered both your questions twice why can't you admit that you are a slobbering Trump sycophant
    Probably for the same reason you don't admit you're a Marxist democrat douche!
    Last edited by Wishbone; 09-07-2017 at 01:28 PM.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    Bottom line with regards to "having to leave anchor babies behind if they are deported" is that the parents are to blame! NOT the laws/government. PERIOD! It was the parents decision to come over illegally, procreate, and expect asylum. Any parent who knows this is a possibility and still decides to roll the dice is a moron and not fit to be a parent.

    I say deport their sorry azzes and put the anchors up for adoption for 12 months. If no one adopts.... they get a free ticket back to mom and dad in El- ####ehole!

    And thats why you are a POS.


    If you really cared you would have a problem with all the Russians coming to Trump properties to deliver their kids so they have US citizenship but you only care if the children are brown

    http://www.thedailybeast.com/russian...to-us-citizens

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken King View Post
    A country they have never been to? Isn't that a prerequisite to being a dreamer?
    No. In fact it isn't but it shows your poor understanding of simple concepts.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    She would be "traveling" if she left with her child as you suggested.
    She did leave with her child. She left the United States with her child, moved him to Indonesia for years. That's not travel, that's "re-located" to another country. So, the question remains open -
    actually remains open whether it applies specifically to Obama or not, actually.

    Where did you get the idea that i didn't respond to this. I clearly said that if they broke the law that is a separate issue outside of DACA that needs to be addressed.
    See, that's not an answer, that's a deflection. I asked what your opinion is of what should be done with those people, and you answered "that question needs to be addressed." I agree it needs to be addressed - by you, in response to this. You need to state your opinion, because that's what the question is with respect to - your opinion on the legislation that should exist.

    So now that I've answered both your questions twice why can't you admit that you are a slobbering Trump sycophant
    A) You've not answered either question yet.
    B) Because, I am not a slobbering Trump sycophant. The fact that I think the original EO was extra-constitutional, that I think this EO ending that EO continues to be extra-constitutional (since a bad law stops immediately, not a long time from now), but that I think this is a reasonable compromise giving the legislature even more time to decide how to handle this (based on the assumption the current law is not how they actually want to handle this) is nothing like being a fawning parasite.

    If you're looking for an example of a sycophant, look to none other than the guy who can't answer whether or not the Obama pardons are as problematic to him as Trump's pardon.
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

Members who have read this thread: 83

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |