A bit of good news amongst all the doom and gloom..

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
they will just regroup in Progressive Global Climate Warming Change think tanks all over

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Says the idiot who brags about enjoying his water view.

Hope you like watching all of trash , raw sewage and and additional chemicals and floating by. Glad that will all be finally less regulated The 70's and 80's were a great time for water quality.

What a short sighted moron you are.

Posts the idiot that will have to google what a "false dillema" logical fallacy is so he'll understand what he just did. :killingme

And it is a lovely view. And has been..unchanged...for 100s of years. ;-) You should stop by some time. Please.

Sapidus

Posts the idiot that will have to google what a "false dillema" logical fallacy is so he'll understand what he just did. :killingme

And it is a lovely view. And has been..unchanged...for 100s of years. ;-) You should stop by some time. Please.

I highly doubt that it has been unchanged for 100's of years. By all written accounts the bay and the feeder rivers and streams used to run clear. Unless you can see to the bottom I doubt they have been unchanged. I also doubt you measure the amount of chemical and fecal waste washing by. Just another stupid argument from someone who can't be bothered to think beyond their tiny world view.

SamSpade

I also doubt you measure the amount of chemical and fecal waste washing by. .

Oh do please enlighten us. I was under the impression they've been cleaning these things for the past couple dozen years.
Without the EPA.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Oh do please enlighten us. I was under the impression they've been cleaning these things for the past couple dozen years.
Without the EPA.

Exactly. About 25 years ago, METCOM installed a sewage system and pumping station on the island and everyone was required to connect to it and abandon all of their septic tanks and drain fields. So the water surrounding the island and Piney Point is MUCH cleaner now than it was 25 years ago. Zip squat to do with the EPA. Poor Sappy apparently believes that simply because a bunch of bureaucratic desk jockeys working in a bloated and overreaching government agency no longer have jobs, that a crew will be sent in to rip out our sewage system and treatment plant. And then a petrochemical plant will be built at the head of the creek where the old eel plant is. LMAO...classic "false dillema" outcomes.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Without the EPA.

The good old EPA is still slapping themselves on the back on how good a job they did on the Animas river in 2015......

black dog

Free America
I highly doubt that it has been unchanged for 100's of years. By all written accounts the bay and the feeder rivers and streams used to run clear. Unless you can see to the bottom I doubt they have been unchanged. I also doubt you measure the amount of chemical and fecal waste washing by. Just another stupid argument from someone who can't be bothered to think beyond their tiny world view.

That's funny, guess you never saw the filthy upper Potomac River say around Carterock in the 70's back when the Park Service Cops took you to get a tetnus shot when you were caught swimming there.

Wishbone

Without the EPA.

Thats what happens when he ventures out of his lane of expertise.

He needs to go back to focusing all his attention on gay and tranny issues.

SamSpade

Thats what happens when he ventures out of his lane of expertise.

He needs to go back to focusing all his attention on gay and tranny issues.

On the other hand - I'm hard pressed to think of even one river near a major Democratic city that isn't mostly lifeless.
Schuykill in Philly, Charles in Boston, East River in NYC, Chicago River in Chicago which is so lifeless it's pretty much JUST a sewer.

What gets me about some of these is, the water has been seriously polluted for a VERY - LONG - TIME.
Apparently, according to Wikipedia, there's a fund for cleaning the Schuykill that was set up - by BENJAMIN FRANKLIN!
And it's been on fire in the past.

From what I get about the Bay - the major contributor to pollution is Pennsylvania. Since it's not part of their livelihood,
there's no compelling reason for them to pony up. Cleaning up the Chesapeake is in the interests of industry, so it gets done.

From what I get about the Patuxent - overfishing and such has hurt it. It once was a major source of oyster fishing on the east coast.
Not so much anymore - and the oysters were keeping it clean. Ditto the crabs. Why are people cleaning it? Because it helps them.

From what I can SEE - it is improving. Crab and oyster populations are increasing and the rockfish are back.

black dog

Free America
Without the EPA.

Yep, longer than that... I owned a home on Deep Creek in Cape Saint Clair in the late 80's through the 90's and the County put in sanitary sewers with mandatory hookup to all 2000 homes in that community. So we ended up with sewer and no city water.
With no way to meter sewer usage every home paided a month flat fee for sewer.

SamSpade

That's funny, guess you never saw the filthy upper Potomac River say around Carterock in the 70's back when the Park Service Cops took you to get a tetnus shot when you were caught swimming there.

I remember those days! I used to fish up at the fishing hole up in Great Falls.

SamSpade

Generally speaking, I am against sweeping regulatory power by an agency that has no check on it - such as an elected staff.
The most burdensome regs are not passed by Congress - but by people who have never been elected to their position and face almost no challenges or checks.