We are the highest taxed nation-Donald Trump

Sapidus

Is our President stupid or deliberately trying to mislead his uneducated voters?

This morning Trump tweeted: "We are the highest taxed nation in the world - that will change." ( He has repeatedly said this)
Baloney. The most meaningful measure is taxes paid as a percentage of GDP. As you can see from the graph below, the U.S. has the 4th lowest taxes of any major economy. (Only South Korea, Chile, and Mexico ranking lower.)
And the wealthiest 1 percent in the U.S. pay the lowest taxes as a percent of their income and total wealth of any country anywhere – and lower than they’ve ever paid even in the U.S.
Once again, Trump and the Republicans are dealing with a non-problem, while ignoring the biggest problems.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
which taxes are you mumbling about :shrug:

[you need a quote for your information buck wheat]

while this agrees with most of the news outlets / internet :cds:

https://taxfoundation.org/comparison-tax-burden-labor-oecd-2016/

context is required .... because I only see 'income and payroll tax' discussed

Income Tax - State and Federal
Other Deductions - FICA, Medicare, Payroll Tax

Sales Tax
Gas Tax
Inheritance Tax

fees on phone bills
fees on medical devices

to name a few

maybe Trumps is talking Corporate Taxes ........

http://time.com/money/4862673/us-tax-burden-vs-oecd-countries/

Trump and other Republicans are right about one aspect of U.S. taxes, however. When it comes to taxing corporate profits, the U.S. does indeed have one of the highest nominal maximum rates in the world, at 35%.

The new study's authors looked in particular at how the U.S. tax regime stacks up against Germany's -- a nation they chose because its economy resembles that of the U.S., and because Trump has said Germany's trade surplus with the U.S gives it an upper hand economically.

And U.S. corporations are in fact paying higher income taxes than German ones. As it happens, deductions and other tax strategies mean relatively few U.S. corporations actually get stuck paying the maximum nominal 35% rate, instead paying about 20% on average. But that is still higher than the comparable 15% effective rate that German corporations pay, according to the Chicago Fed estimates.

The high U.S. nominal corporate tax rate could indeed be a problem for the economy, since it encourages U.S. corporations to shift their operations overseas to keep tax bills low -- something Trump and other Republicans have repeatedly called out.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ations-americans-tax-bills-are-below-average/

Much of the difference in relative tax burdens among different countries is due to the taxes that fund social-insurance programs, such as Social Security and Medicare in the U.S. These taxes tend to be higher in other developed nations than they are in the U.S. Take that married couple referred to above: In 21 of the 39 countries studied, they paid more in social-insurance taxes than in income taxes. The U.S. had the 11th-lowest social-insurance tax rate for such couples among the countries we examined.

Like pretty much everything regarding taxes, there are caveats with the OECD data. The biggest, of course, is that our comparisons don’t account for what citizens receive from their governments in either direct or indirect benefits as a result of their different tax structures. We’re only looking at what citizens pay into the system – and even then, just a portion.

For instance, the OECD data don’t include taxes paid at the state, provincial or local level (such as sales and property taxes in the U.S.), nor do they include other national taxes, such as gasoline and cigarette taxes in the U.S. or value-added taxes in dozens of other countries. And they include only the individual portion of social-insurance taxes, not anything paid by employers. (In the U.S., for instance, employers and workers both pay Social Security and Medicare taxes.)

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And the wealthiest 1 percent in the U.S. pay half -HALF - of all income taxes

Yeah..we know. Disgusting isn't it? Hopefully Trump and Congress can get that remedied; I'm tired of being raped and then seeing my money going to support losers like you.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
You have to get down in the dumb zone for some..

Which tax??

Where are a lot of companies moving their headquarters to and why??

US corporate taxes are some (if not THE) highest in the world..

In comparison: US Corporate Income tax is 35%.. Ireland is 12.5% and their new Corporate Tech Income Tax is 6%..

If you want to bring corporations back to the US, bring back JOBS to the US you can't have the highest corporate tax rate in the world.. you need be one of the lowest..

If we were indeed the 4th lowest we wouldn't be fighting to keep corporations here, we'd be fighting trying to find where to put all of them want back in.

More corporations due to lower corporate income taxes means exponentially more jobs for Americans, which means exponentially more individual income tax, gas tax, sales tax, real estate tax.. etc.. etc.. collected..

I f I recall correctly, Microsoft paid 4.5 BILLION in corporate income taxes overseas.. if they based those particular profits in the US, they would have had to pay an additional 16 Billion in taxes..

If you were a business owner, would you pay 20 Billion in taxes because.. well, God and Country, or would you do your job and find a way to only pay 4.5 Billion..

As it was, due to our current laws, the US didn't get a penny of taxes off of those particular profits. As a numbers kind of guy, I think 4.5 Billion is a lot better than ZERO..

But being a liberal, you probably believe that's a bad thing.

Last edited:

Sapidus

Yeah..we know. Disgusting isn't it? Hopefully Trump and Congress can get that remedied; I'm tired of being raped and then seeing my money going to support losers like you.

HAHAHAH. To imagine you are in the wealthiest 1% is laughable.

Meanwhile Trumps "plan" ( what little has actually been discussed) would greatly benefit me I would much rather pay more in line with Scandinavian countries. I for one am much more concerned with the common good then mine on piece of the pie.

This_person

HAHAHAH. To imagine you are in the wealthiest 1% is laughable.

Of what? It's really easy to be in the Top 1% of the world:
Robert Parker said:
According to this measure: How close are you to the top 1%? - CNNMoney
… you should generate $450,000 annually per household in order to get in the 1%. So, if you make $150,000 annually, and your wife generates $100,000 and your 2 children make $100,000 each, then you are in the top 1% richest persons of the world.

However, if we consider income again, Global Rich List said in 2013 that you need only a $32,400 to each 1%, which was at that time:

29,185 euros
2.2 million Indian rupees, or
211,126 Chinese yuan
So if you’re an accountant, a registered nurse or even an elementary school teacher, congratulations. The average wage for any of these careers falls well within the top 1% worldwide.

But, considering the wealth and not the income, the same source said you should possess $770,000 in net worth, which includes everything from the equity in your home to the value of your investments. That was about:

693,607 euros
52.7 million Indian rupees or
5 million Chinese yuan

If you want to see what it’s like to be in the 1% of each US state, you can check this link: How much richer are the Top 1%? - CNNMoney

Heck, even YOU might be top 1% worldwide!

Meanwhile Trumps "plan" ( what little has actually been discussed) would greatly benefit me I would much rather pay more in line with Scandinavian countries. I for one am much more concerned with the common good then mine on piece of the pie.

You realize that if you want to do "good", you do NOT have to give the money to the government to do so, right? As a matter of fact, it is highly likely that whatever you think is "for the common good" is far more likely to efficiently use your money if you do NOT go through government.

Just trying to expand your thought-base to reality! :cheers:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
HAHAHAH. To imagine you are in the wealthiest 1% is laughable..

I and many hundreds of thousands of other business owners who own other than "C" corporations (I own an "S" corp.) But you'd know nothing about that; you clearly know nothing about business or economics.

P.S.: you just made a fool out of yourself again. A lot of folks on here know me.. think about that for a second.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Is our President stupid or deliberately trying to mislead his uneducated voters?

I don't have a whole lot of confidence in who you would define as "educated". The term "educated" should now by recorded as a synonym for "indoctrinated". It is shocking to me what passes as "education" these days. :sad:

Midnightrider

I and many hundreds of thousands of other business owners who own other than "C" corporations (I own an "S" corp.) But you'd know nothing about that; you clearly know nothing about business or economics.

P.S.: you just made a fool out of yourself again. A lot of folks on here know me.. think about that for a second.

one thing hasn't changed, Gilligan is a legend in his own mind

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Of what? It's really easy to be in the Top 1% of the world:

It's quite easy and common to be in the top 1% right here in the US if you are a business owner of anything other than a "C" corporation. All business income "passed through" to the owner's personal income tax return. $300,00 per year or whatever the current "top 1%" income threshold is a relatively small number, one that is well exceeded by hundreds of thousands of small businesses throughout the US.

Again..all stuff that Sappy his Antifa crew are oblivious of.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
one thing hasn't changed, Gilligan is a legend in his own mind

Jealousy. Such an ugly emotion, Mo. But it does look good on you. :yay:

I'm not surprised that you were unaware why and how the owners of so many small businesses end up in the top 1% definition. You've never tried to do anything like that.

The last complete survey shows that roughly 6% of the estimated 27 million small businesses in the US yield owner income that puts them in the top 1%. That is 1 million 600 thousand small businesses.

How about that?

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
..... I would much rather pay more in line with Scandinavian countries. I for one am much more concerned with the common good then mine on piece of the pie.

feel free to stroke a check for a greater amount to the FED, personally I am going broke paying for my affordable healthcare ...

transporter

Thanks for the afternoon laugh! Christ can any of you people read? Do any of you read anything other that politically biased BS?

One posted makes a comment about the top 1% in the US and another Mensa candidate replies about the top 1% in the world.

None of you understand the difference between marginal and effective tax rates...least of all GURPS and Gilligan.

None of you seem to understand the difference between wealth and income either.

Guess it is too much to ask that you look up actual data or read something other than politically biased BS (yes right wing propaganda is just as false as left wing propaganda---GASP!!!)....you all are so consumed by "snowflakes" and twisting yourselves into knots in support of Nazis and white supremacists while trying not to actually sound like you are supporting Nazis and white supremacists.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
None of you understand the difference between marginal and effective tax rates...least of all GURPS and Gilligan.

Hey moron...what, amongst all of your incoherent babbling changes the simple fact that there is a definition of the "Top 1%" income threshold (around $300,000, give or take a few) and that those top 1% pay about 50% of all income taxes?

What, in your spew, changes the simple fact that the pass-through income from their businesses puts roughly 1.6 million owners of small businesses in the "Top 1%" income category?

Go away fool.

Last edited:

Midnightrider

Jealousy. Such an ugly emotion, Mo. But it does look good on you. :yay:

I'm not surprised that you were unaware why and how the owners of so many small businesses end up in the top 1% definition. You've never tried to do anything like that.

The last complete survey shows that roughly 6% of the estimated 27 million small businesses in the US yield owner income that puts them in the top 1%. That is 1 million 600 thousand small businesses.

How about that?

Why would I be jealous of you having a huge ego and needing to brag about #### that even if true ain't all that impressive?

I do just fine for myself and don't need to brag about it, particularly to people I don't know. :yay: