2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk 707-hp SUV

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
A 707-horsepower Jeep answers a question no one asked about SUV performance, and time will tell if it meets a demand no one knew was there. Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is about to start building a batch of 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawks with a supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 engine. There are already orders and handraisers for the limited-run SUV rocket that goes on sale in the fourth quarter.

The Hellcat engine generates 707 hp and 645 lb-ft of torque, distributed through the upgraded TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission. It is billed as the fastest SUV in the world. Jeep claims it will do 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds. I did it in 3.4 seconds on my first try.

:yikes: But it comes at a steep price. :faint:

The Trackhawk starts at $86,995, but you can easily option it up to a $100,000 vehicle. The one I drove in Portland stickered at $99,965, about $20,000 more than an SRT. The options included a $5,000 leather-wrapped interior package, upgraded audio and entertainment system, dual-pane panoramic sunroof, and a trailer-tow package. Other upgrades go from the standard 20-by-10-inch Titanium finish wheels with Pirelli Scorpion Verdes all-season tires to the lighter forged aluminum wheels with three-season Pirelli P-Zero tires.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/jeep...-grand-cherokee-trackhawk-first-drive-review/

glhs837

Power with Control
Meh, steep, but not in the 0-60 in under 4 seconds class. And very few super comfy SUVs that seat 5. Not my cup f tea, but you still have to admire the crazy. I do wish SRT would branch out a bit and offer more than just OMGHP. The original charter was to offer something in every class, but that seems to have gone away.

glhs837

Power with Control
that must be the Hellcat Engine :shrug:

about time Jeep got a HEMI

Yep, Hellcat, not the Demon. But Jeeps had the Hemi for quite a while. Even the SRT motors. I did an SRT Track event with the first SRT Jeeps back in 2008, I think. Maybe 2007?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Yep, Hellcat, not the Demon. But Jeeps had the Hemi for quite a while. Even the SRT motors. I did an SRT Track event with the first SRT Jeeps back in 2008, I think. Maybe 2007?

:yay:

I have not kept up .....

I'd like a 426 for my 1985 Grand Wagoner

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Hell, you would spend more than the motors cost just getting everything else up to snuff :)

indeed ... well the 727 is already beefy enough

I have a D60 RR / HD 44 FR out of a J20 sooo ...

the 426 would x10 value of the jeep