Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Traffic accident 235S @ Poplar Ridge Rd.

  1. #1
    I am so very blessed BadGirl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Happyville
    Posts
    15,359

    Traffic accident 235S @ Poplar Ridge Rd.

    Bad accident.

    I'd you need to get past Hermanville on 235S, you will need to cut across Hermanville to Route 5 and head south that way.
    .

    I like to be right.

    Everyone's entitled to my opinion.

    If you don't have anything nice to say to someone, then you need to STFU.

  2. #2
    American Beauty RoseRed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    My own private Idaho
    Posts
    74,955
    Another on Saint John's in Hollywood.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

  3. #3
    Both accidents had fatalities.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

  4. #4
    American Beauty RoseRed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    My own private Idaho
    Posts
    74,955
    Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    Both accidents had fatalities.
    Yes. A friend of mine was the scene of the first accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl View Post
    Bad accident.

    I'd you need to get past Hermanville on 235S, you will need to cut across Hermanville to Route 5 and head south that way.
    I was told there was a fatality. Very sorry to hear that. Too many accidents. I have written so many threads about this type of thing, I am getting sick of it. May the deceased rest in peace. I pray that their loved ones find comfort with God and each other.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 3CATSAILOR View Post
    I was told there was a fatality. Very sorry to hear that. Too many accidents. I have written so many threads about this type of thing, I am getting sick of it. May the deceased rest in peace. I pray that their loved ones find comfort with God and each other.
    Amen,

    Let's put the blame where it belongs, the archaic traffic laws in Maryland and the free for all it fosters on the roads.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

  7. #7
    The pictures give 'rolled into a ball' a whole new meaning. One of the two was flying.

  8. #8
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    19,632
    Quote Originally Posted by BernieP View Post
    Amen,

    Let's put the blame where it belongs, the archaic traffic laws in Maryland and the free for all it fosters on the roads.
    Quote Originally Posted by officeguy View Post
    The pictures give 'rolled into a ball' a whole new meaning. One of the two was flying.
    Given the lack of information, I'm not sure I could support either of those statements. Bernie, if we dont know how the crash happened, how can you know if the traffic laws contributed? OG, someone going 55-60 (I know the limit is 50, but I also know the average speed there) who hit a vehicle pulling out and therefore at almost zero could cause that level of damage (of course, we don't have clear pics of the damage to judge, I don't think). I'm gonna guess failure to yield ROW on the part of whatever that was in the ditch, but that's a guess.
    "I aim to misbehave."

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Given the lack of information, I'm not sure I could support either of those statements. Bernie, if we dont know how the crash happened, how can you know if the traffic laws contributed? OG, someone going 55-60 (I know the limit is 50, but I also know the average speed there) who hit a vehicle pulling out and therefore at almost zero could cause that level of damage (of course, we don't have clear pics of the damage to judge, I don't think). I'm gonna guess failure to yield ROW on the part of whatever that was in the ditch, but that's a guess.
    I am sure the person who passed away started out driving a car that was 4ft long. Did you see the pictures/video of the wreckage ?

    It is funny, on one hand you chastise us for drawing premature conclusions and then you turn around and make a wild ass guess that failure to yield by one particular party is to blame.

  10. #10
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    19,632
    Quote Originally Posted by officeguy View Post
    I am sure the person who passed away started out driving a car that was 4ft long. Did you see the pictures/video of the wreckage ?

    It is funny, on one hand you chastise us for drawing premature conclusions and then you turn around and make a wild ass guess that failure to yield by one particular party is to blame.
    I did not see anything that made the other vehicle identifiable, maybe I missed one. What was it? I got maybe a vague impression it might be a pickup, but that's all, since it was mostly obscured by the grass in the ditch. The GMC was pretty bad, but nothing that a 55mph head on would cause.

    Here's the difference, you both stated things as if they were facts, while I made quite clear that mine was just that, a guess. Based on knowledge of that area that is part of my commute and the knowledge that failure to to yield seems to make up the majority of our crashes here, but still a guess. Just last week, someone made a bonehead move on the other end of Poplar that resulted in the NB pickup truck coming in my direction to swerve into the SB lane, requiring me to get over into the breakdown lane. The bonehead slowed and turned left across the pickups path, but then turned parallel to the NB lane instead of into the driveway there. But then when the pickup was only a few caarlengths away, that bonehead pulled out into the NB travel lane. Could have been +50mph into the backend of a car doing 5mph, or head on into my bike doing 55 the other way. No adverse traffic laws or excessive speed needed.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Members who have read this thread: 106

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |