Deuteronomy 31 Change of Command

seekeroftruth

Deuteronomy 31:23 The Lord gave this command to Joshua son of Nun: “Be strong and courageous, for you will bring the Israelites into the land I promised them on oath, and I myself will be with you.”

24 After Moses finished writing in a book the words of this law from beginning to end, 25 he gave this command to the Levites who carried the ark of the covenant of the Lord: 26 “Take this Book of the Law and place it beside the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God. There it will remain as a witness against you. 27 For I know how rebellious and stiff-necked you are. If you have been rebellious against the Lord while I am still alive and with you, how much more will you rebel after I die! 28 Assemble before me all the elders of your tribes and all your officials, so that I can speak these words in their hearing and call the heavens and the earth to testify against them. 29 For I know that after my death you are sure to become utterly corrupt and to turn from the way I have commanded you. In days to come, disaster will fall on you because you will do evil in the sight of the Lord and arouse his anger by what your hands have made.”​

This comes from the biblegateway.com site.

The solemn delivery of the book of the law to the Levites, to be deposited in, or rather by the side, of the ark, is again related. The song which follows in the next chapter is delivered to Moses, and by him to the people. He wrote it first, as the Holy Spirit taught him; and then spake it in the hearing of all the people. Moses tells them plainly, I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt yourselves. Many a sad thought, no doubt, it occasioned to this good man; but his comfort was, that he had done his duty, and that God would be glorified in their dispersion, if not in their settlement, for the foundation of God stands sure.​

I've enjoyed Moses.... but it's time to get out of the laws and get on with the story.... even though the laws are an important detail... but it's time to get out of the laws and get on with the story.... so lay those laws in the tent by the covenant... oh wait... it's not over.... now Moses is going to sing.... but that's for tomorrow....

:coffee:

PS.... my family is warm, dry, and safe.... now it's time to pray for those who are stuck in the track of that horrible hurricane, with another on the way.... it's time to pray for those who were shaken by the quake in Mexico.... it's time to pray for those who have been and will be affected by the fires out in the west and up in Canada.... it's time to pray for those who are at war and who are preparing to go to war.... it's time to pray