St Marys River

Name:  St Marys River.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  30.9 KB

Was pretty calm tonight
    "I aim to misbehave."

Blog Entries
    Beautiful scene captured.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Spent an hour out there Sat between 630 and 730pm. Was amazing, not one other boat except one anchored out. Only noise was some music from the college and three Golden Retrievers at a waterfront house on south Snow Hill who came out to the end of the pier to bark at me :) I really think I need a longer boat though, this little Swifty take a lot of energy.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Where did you put in ?
    No more splitting Uranium for fun and profit, retirement is cool so far....

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Where did you put in ?
    Right at the college boathouse. Pull up, yank yak out of the back of the Jeep, wife drives away. I tried the ramp last time, but it's pretty slimy and slippery, so these last two times I carry it out on the actual pier and float the kayak next to it and slide in from the side. Same for exit.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.1895...!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Straight out from the parking lot, about where the outer section of green sailboat berths are. I know a lot of folks don't like to get in from the side while the kayak is floating though.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Was amazing, not one other boat except one anchored out.
    That's one of the features I like most about living here at the mouth of the St. Mary's...not a lot of traffic on our side of Cherryfield Pt. and even less on the St. Mary's River side.

That said...a kayaker went missing last Saturday, the kayak floated up at Lundeberg School earlier today, and we're covered with search boats and a helicopter right now. Can't ever be too careful out there.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    That's one of the features I like most about living here at the mouth of the St. Mary's...not a lot of traffic on our side of Cherryfield Pt. and even less on the St. Mary's River side.

That said...a kayaker went missing last Saturday, the kayak floated up at Lundeberg School earlier today, and we're covered with search boats and a helicopter right now. Can't ever be too careful out there.
    Always with a PFD, every time. Even though I'm a good swimmer trained up to Navy Class 2 standards, just as you say, no chances taken. Wife knows where I'm going, how long I'm going to be gone, and can use Google to find my phone which is always in a float bag.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Members who have read this thread: 55