Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: BACKLASH: NFL Ratings Crash On Opening Night As Players Kneel During Anthem

  1. #11
    Bird Dog Bird Dog's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay
    Posts
    5,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Weems View Post

    And BTW, you do realize if there were no NFL there would be no high school football, yes? You realize that these kids who play in high school have a dream of going pro, right. Because if not then there is absolutely no reason to play. Everyone wants a chance at the payday.
    BullHockey....yes thats exactly why I played 6'1" 150lbs.......

    Watching your posts, I think you are dumber than MR...........just sayin'
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....


    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

  2. #12
    I bowl overhand itsbob's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Patuxent, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    40,930
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Weems View Post
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Why would I boycott that which I enjoy? I'd wager the vast majority of the NFL "boycotters" never really watched anyway. But this is a opportunity to stroke their fragile egos and pretend they are doing something.

    And BTW, you do realize if there were no NFL there would be no high school football, yes? You realize that these kids who play in high school have a dream of going pro, right. Because if not then there is absolutely no reason to play. Everyone wants a chance at the payday.
    Why?? Why would you stand for anything you believe in, or do you not believe in anything other than being miserable and a bane on humanity??

    I love the Patriots.. have been a life long (well since 1976) fan, but if I see ONE person from either team disrespecting MY country, MY flag, or MY anthem, screw them.. I'm not watching their game, I'm not watching their commercials, I'm not buying their tickets AND I'm not buying ANY of their merchandise..

    Because if you're going to stand FOR something, what could possibly be more important then demanding respect for the country that gave you everything you have?
    Last edited by itsbob; 09-11-2017 at 02:05 PM.
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

    Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

  3. #13
    They call me ... Sarcasmo kom526's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Beyond the OB stakes
    Posts
    15,956
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Weems View Post

    And BTW, you do realize if there were no NFL there would be no high school football, yes? You realize that these kids who play in high school have a dream of going pro, right. Because if not then there is absolutely no reason to play. Everyone wants a chance at the payday.
    History much? HS football was being played long before the NFL.
    Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been.

    Somewhere, a teacher is crying with their red marker after reading your dribble.

  4. 09-11-2017, 01:53 PM

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Weems View Post
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Why would I boycott that which I enjoy? I'd wager the vast majority of the NFL "boycotters" never really watched anyway. But this is a opportunity to stroke their fragile egos and pretend they are doing something.
    I love football. Not enough to watch the draft, but enough to watch it all day. But if my favorite team starts kneeling, off they go.
    They might as well come out in hoods and burning crosses. I'll be done with them. This kneeling thing to me is like pissing on the flag.

    And BTW, you do realize if there were no NFL there would be no high school football, yes? You realize that these kids who play in high school have a dream of going pro, right. Because if not then there is absolutely no reason to play. Everyone wants a chance at the payday.
    THINK you have that backwards. For one thing, there were people playing football in college and high school BEFORE the NFL and before there were paid athletes.
    Secondly - you can't possibly be from the South, where high school football is often the biggest event in town and high school stadiums DWARF stadiums at small colleges.

    You MIGHT make the case that without college football there MIGHT not be high school football, because they have similar pasts.
    But you still don't get into the Ivy Leagues on athletic scholarships - and they STILL PLAY there.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

  6. #15
    I bowl overhand itsbob's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Patuxent, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    40,930
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post


    Good ... viewership drops, add revenue drops, over paid sports stars get pay cuts
    They forgot to include me, so make that 13.0000000001%
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

    Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Why?? Why would you stand for anything you believe in, or do you not believe in anything other than being miserable and a bane on humanity??

    I love the Patriots.. have been a life long (well since 1976) fan, but if I see ONE person from either team disrespecting MY country, MY flag, or MY anthem, screw them.. I'm not watching their game, I'm not watching their commercials, I'm not buying their tickets AND I'm not buying ANY of their merchandise..

    Because if you're going to stand FOR something, what could possibly be more important then demanding respect for the country that gave you everything you have?
    You sound triggered, but your activism is positively adorable. I hope it works out for you. LOL.

  8. #17
    If I may ...

    I don't watch the NFL anymore. Has become too much like the NBA. Since the NFL is now over 70% black, it's kinda expected that black players would be causing all the problems. Who'd a thunk? Maybe they should play that county song at the opening as well, see if theses assvoids still take a knee?

    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

  9. #18
    Registered User PeoplesElbow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Smackdown hotel
    Posts
    4,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Then what explains how HS lacrosse exists? ....or wrestling?...soccer?...field hockey?..

    I smell a straw man burning.
    WWE is why high school wrestling exists, duh.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

  10. #19
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    22,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Weems View Post
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Why would I boycott that which I enjoy? I'd wager the vast majority of the NFL "boycotters" never really watched anyway.
    Fact is if you were a player you would be one of them taking the knee.

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    Fact is if you were a player you would be one of them taking the knee.
    Best post of the day. I love the play on words.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Members who have read this thread: 69

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |