Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BACKLASH: NFL Ratings Crash On Opening Night As Players Kneel During Anthem

BACKLASH: NFL Ratings Crash On Opening Night As Players Kneel During Anthem

BACKLASH: NFL Ratings Crash On Opening Night As Players Kneel During Anthem

The 2017 NFL season kicked off the same way the 2016 season ended — with players kneeling during the national anthem and viewers turning the game off. To make matters even worse for the NFL, some liberals are now calling for a boycott against the league until Colin Kaepernick gets a job.

The NFL’s season opener on Thursday night between the Kansas City Chiefs and the New England Patriots saw a 13% decline in viewership from last year’s opening game.

[clip]

A 2016 poll from Yahoo Sports revealed that 44% of NFL fans would give up watching professional football altogether if more players followed in Colin Kaepernick’s footsteps by disrespecting the flag.

Despite the anthem protests — which are supported almost exclusively by liberals and have little to no support from conservatives — the NFL is now under attack by the same liberals who divided the league in the first place.

Social justice warrior Shaun King is now calling for liberals to protest the NFL by not watching any games because of the NFL’s “mistreatment” of Colin Kaepernick — who is still unemployed — which King says is “wrong.”

Kaepernick was voted by fans as the most hated player in the NFL in 2016, and one NFL general manager said that 70% of NFL teams “genuinely hate him.”

Good ... viewership drops, add revenue drops, over paid sports stars get pay cuts
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post

Good ... viewership drops, add revenue drops, over paid sports stars get pay cuts
    What is the "correct" amount of pay since you seem to know they are "overpaid" ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weems View Post
    What is the "correct" amount of pay since you seem to know they are "overpaid" ?
    $15/hr
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    $15/hr
    Winner!

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    $15/hr
    Roger that. I'll put you down for government-mandated price floors.

Blog Entries
    Roger that. I'll put you down for government-mandated price floors.
    ?

Government mandated? What does that have to do with what I posted?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

You want real teams fit to root for go out to High School games. These NFL games are nothing but hired beef, they have no ties to the locality in which they play
    Is isn't city pride in which locality can field the best team, it's which locality pays the most for their hired mercenaries.
    Mercenaries who don't even care enough for the country that pays them to stand when the anthem is played.

If the NFL cannot straighten them out the fans can. Stay Home. Do something with the wife and kids that day.

They call me ... Sarcasmo kom526's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    You want real teams fit to root for go out to High School games. .
    Ryken is 3-0 so far this season.
    Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been.

Somewhere, a teacher is crying with their red marker after reading your dribble.

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    You want real teams fit to root for go out to High School games. These NFL games are nothing but hired beef, they have no ties to the locality in which they play
    Is isn't city pride in which locality can field the best team, it's which locality pays the most for their hired mercenaries.
    Mercenaries who don't even care enough for the country that pays them to stand when the anthem is played.

If the NFL cannot straighten them out the fans can. Stay Home. Do something with the wife and kids that day.
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Why would I boycott that which I enjoy? I'd wager the vast majority of the NFL "boycotters" never really watched anyway. But this is a opportunity to stroke their fragile egos and pretend they are doing something.

And BTW, you do realize if there were no NFL there would be no high school football, yes? You realize that these kids who play in high school have a dream of going pro, right. Because if not then there is absolutely no reason to play. Everyone wants a chance at the payday.

And BTW, you do realize if there were no NFL there would be no high school football, yes?
    Then what explains how HS lacrosse exists? ....or wrestling?...soccer?...field hockey?..

I smell a straw man burning.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Members who have read this thread: 69