Donald Trump is not "Pro-Life"

SamSpade

Well - I didn't actually have to read it to guess it had nothing to do with abortion and HAD to be something unrelated - like climate change or immigration.

This Pope has soured me totally on the Catholic Church - he can't utter a thing without making it political.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Well - I didn't actually have to read it to guess it had nothing to do with abortion and HAD to be something unrelated - like climate change or immigration.

This Pope has soured me totally on the Catholic Church - he can't utter a thing without making it political.

Pope blasts climate change doubters: cites moral duty to act

ABOARD THE PAPAL PLANE (AP) -- Pope Francis has sharply criticized climate change doubters, saying history will judge those who failed to take the necessary decisions to curb heat-trapping emissions blamed for the warming of the Earth.

Francis was asked about climate change and the spate of hurricanes that have pummeled the U.S., Mexico and the Caribbean recently as his charter plane left Colombia on Sunday and flew over some of the devastated areas.

"Those who deny this must go to the scientists and ask them. They speak very clearly," he said, referring to experts who blame global warming on man-made activities.

Francis said scientists have also clearly charted what needed to be done to reverse course on global warming and said individuals and politicians had a "moral responsibility" to do their part.

SamSpade

not just according to the pope, but according to DJT himself. You just have to do a google search.

And how far back would I have to go?

If I have to go far back, can we do the same for Hillary and Obama with regard to same-sex marriage and other issues? Ones they "evolved" on?

People can change their mind. It's happened on HERE, in front of your very eyes.

The largest families I know are Catholic... and I'm talking they don't stop at 2 or three.. but rather popping out another and other every couple years (or less) until menopause... I missed his recent guidance on reducing the population in support of climate change...:confused:

Midnightrider

And how far back would I have to go?

If I have to go far back, can we do the same for Hillary and Obama with regard to same-sex marriage and other issues? Ones they "evolved" on?

People can change their mind. It's happened on HERE, in front of your very eyes.

You wouldn't have to go that far back.
Abortion isn't an issue most people 'evolve' on. Besides, donnny evolves when it is convenient

SamSpade

The largest families I know are Catholic... and I'm talking they don't stop at 2 or three.. but rather popping out another and other every couple years (or less) until menopause... I missed his recent guidance on reducing the population in support of climate change...:confused:

*shrug* - Personal experience I guess. Largest ones I know are Mormon - or rural. As in Iowa farm boy with 20 siblings.
I don't think "The Waltons" were Catholic, but I knew rural families like that.

I think there's more culture associated with Catholic and family size, because France is largely Catholic but I don't know of large French families, but I do know of Italian families being large - BUT - my Roman history I took in college is that THAT has been that way for thousands of years.

I know people want to believe it's because of Catholicism and birth control, but honestly modern birth control is a recent thing historically, and large families go back centuries.
Prior to modern times, Asian and Indian families were large, and they're not known for being Catholic.

littlelady

God bless the USA
My dot's in-laws are the most devout Catholics I have ever known. They cannot support the current Pope's opinions and comments. It makes them sad. And, yes, as said above, the current Pope is way too political.

They have attended and volunteered at the Basilica for the last 40 years. They met the Pope when he was here. They are in their late 70's, and are amazing, and caring people.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I wish the Pope would mind his own damn business and stay out of our politics. He's not even an American.

SamSpade

I wish the Pope would mind his own damn business and stay out of our politics. He's not even an American.

It's always tres chic to bash the U.S. while in Europe. I wonder how popular he'd be if he was as critical of say - Italy. Or Venezuela. Or Muslims.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's always tres chic to bash the U.S. while in Europe. I wonder how popular he'd be if he was as critical of say - Italy. Or Venezuela. Or Muslims.

I sneer so hard at Europeans that I don't even notice them sneering at me. If they sniff about our "culture", I'll just ask them how that hot water and reliable internet access is going for them. I'll tell them to go eat a Royale with Cheese and piss off. As you suggested, they get sniffy about the damndest things, which is probably why we're a super power and they're not.