Health Insurance Increases for 2018

stgislander

PREMO Member
Open enrollment for 2018 doesn't begin until Nov 1st. So when does everyone think we'll start seeing the letters from our insurance providers outlining the increases for next year?

SoMDGirl42

Open enrollment for 2018 doesn't begin until Nov 1st. So when does everyone think we'll start seeing the letters from our insurance providers outlining the increases for next year?

Our insurance runs from 1 Aug to 31 July.

This year they changed to a new insurance. I just started this job in February. So I had one insurance in Jan/Feb. Switched jobs and started a new insurance in March, then they changed insurance companies on 1 Aug. So I've had my insurance increase in cost 3 times in 7 months. :faint: Significant increases each time. :mad: The cost for insurance is outrageous.

Wishbone

Recently changed companies and for the first time in years my costs went down... But the insurance changed from a preventative coverage and low deductible to no coverage until high deductible met.

Basically back to catastrophic care policy with Rx discounts.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
One of the top engineering firms in the world. We're hiring. :yay:

We're hiring too; we need electronics technicians badly...and it's even tougher to recruit when we don't offer a hugely generous benefit package..one that includes health insurance.

Chris0nllyn

You work for Bechtel ?

Nope.

We're hiring too; we need electronics technicians badly...and it's even tougher to recruit when we don't offer a hugely generous benefit package..one that includes health insurance.

Have you reached out to CSM? I'm about done my Electronics Engineering Tech degree and there's a handful of folks in my class who would possibly be interested.

black dog

Free America
Nope.

Have you reached out to CSM? I'm about done my Electronics Engineering Tech degree and there's a handful of folks in my class who would possibly be interested.

You might tell them to keep a lookout at Chalk and Morgantown for Instrument techs, I have a friend that works at Chalk and he busts 100 grand a year there, with bonuses add 20 to 25%.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Recently changed companies and for the first time in years my costs went down... But the insurance changed from a preventative coverage and low deductible to no coverage until high deductible met.

Basically back to catastrophic care policy with Rx discounts.

Ditto for us, too. Obamacare is a catastrophe for the middle class that holds this Country together. Obama did it, but if Hillary had been elected in the past or present, she would have done the same. No win/no win. We are counting our lucky stars that we are healthy, but that could change in an instant. We were under the gun, so to speak, to get all our preventives done before losing insurance with USBank when hub was forced to retire 3 years early in July of this year. There are dozens that worked for USBank that the same thing happened to them. USBank has lost their ever loving minds, and will probably tank at some point. They used to offer insurance for retirees, but whatever; we will survive. We don't require much, and live a low keyed life. There has been a whole restructure at USBank, and it ain't good. It seems some at the tippity top were diddling and not being straight forward, and some of those uppity ups have been fired, too. Hub is glad to be out of the mess of it all, and is enjoying the life he earned, and prepared for all these years. Good luck, y'all, with the stupid insurance thing. I mean that.

Also, hub was never one for insurance; except for auto and home. Never took insurance out on appliances, etc.

Chris0nllyn

You might tell them to keep a lookout at Chalk and Morgantown for Instrument techs, I have a friend that works at Chalk and he busts 100 grand a year there, with bonuses add 20 to 25%.

Dominion is makinga big push to sponsor the electronics courses in hopes to get techs in for their LNG station.

Exelon as well for their nuke plant.

stgislander

PREMO Member

Dominion is makinga big push to sponsor the electronics courses in hopes to get techs in for their LNG station.

Exelon as well for their nuke plant.

See... little ol' us can't compete with those guys. I'm now beginning to think looking for someone recently retired that wants something to do and make some side money.

Restitution

How can you not fill that void around here? Aren't there a shee-ite ton of electronics technicians transitioning from the Navy on Pax River? Are you targeting them with recruiting? Hell... I know of 4 that will be getting out/retiring in the next 3 months myself.

glhs837

Power with Control
How can you not fill that void around here? Aren't there a shee-ite ton of electronics technicians transitioning from the Navy on Pax River? Are you targeting them with recruiting? Hell... I know of 4 that will be getting out/retiring in the next 3 months myself.

Yeah, you have to translate that though. Navy ATs, most of them, will not have the skills or capability that's needed for fabrication and test.

Restitution

Yeah, you have to translate that though. Navy ATs, most of them, will not have the skills or capability that's needed for fabrication and test.

Possibly. So the question now becomes, is the pay in lock step with the experience desired?

In other words, is he expecting champagne work for lite beer paychecks?

As someone wise once told me..... "You pay peanuts... you get clowns."

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Surprised me too...although I've been warned by numerous of my old friends that supervise various shops on base that they are hanging on to the good ones and let the scrubs go at every opportunity that presents itself. Gives me pause. .. That said..the slug* that manages all our elecky stuff has already started looking at the angle of hiring someone that's retired and looking for part time income only. Problem with that is...they probably won't be able to fill the field support side of the equation..traveling around the world installing our junk or doing service work, troubleshooting it when it goes down or supporting overhauls.

Now someone retiring after 20 and so barely 40 years old?...we'd love to talk with any of them that we can.

*he'll read this...so had to get the dig in.

PeoplesElbow

Possibly. So the question now becomes, is the pay in lock step with the experience desired?

In other words, is he expecting champagne work for lite beer paychecks?

As someone wise once told me..... "You pay peanuts... you get clowns."

We can't find ones that even want to come to work, one of our most recent hires only comes to work every other day and when he is there is on his phone all day long.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I know of some techs looking. To where should I send them? Website?