Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Health Insurance Increases for 2018

Question Health Insurance Increases for 2018

Open enrollment for 2018 doesn't begin until Nov 1st. So when does everyone think we'll start seeing the letters from our insurance providers outlining the increases for next year?
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Open enrollment for 2018 doesn't begin until Nov 1st. So when does everyone think we'll start seeing the letters from our insurance providers outlining the increases for next year?
    Our insurance runs from 1 Aug to 31 July.

This year they changed to a new insurance. I just started this job in February. So I had one insurance in Jan/Feb. Switched jobs and started a new insurance in March, then they changed insurance companies on 1 Aug. So I've had my insurance increase in cost 3 times in 7 months. Significant increases each time. The cost for insurance is outrageous.

Just had my open enrollment. Luckily no changes for the 3rd year in a row.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    Just had my open enrollment. Luckily no changes for the 3rd year in a row.
    Lucky to be working for a company that can absorb all the increases.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Recently changed companies and for the first time in years my costs went down... But the insurance changed from a preventative coverage and low deductible to no coverage until high deductible met.

Basically back to catastrophic care policy with Rx discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Lucky to be working for a company that can absorb all the increases.
    One of the top engineering firms in the world. We're hiring.

You work for Bechtel ?
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

We're hiring too; we need electronics technicians badly...and it's even tougher to recruit when we don't offer a hugely generous benefit package..one that includes health insurance.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    You work for Bechtel ?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    We're hiring too; we need electronics technicians badly...and it's even tougher to recruit when we don't offer a hugely generous benefit package..one that includes health insurance.
    Have you reached out to CSM? I'm about done my Electronics Engineering Tech degree and there's a handful of folks in my class who would possibly be interested.

Nope.

Have you reached out to CSM? I'm about done my Electronics Engineering Tech degree and there's a handful of folks in my class who would possibly be interested.
    shoot me a pm on that..or a link to their recruiting. Thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 73