Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Used Shipping Containers

Consider calling around to local GC's. They are used all over on jobsites and office yards and they get turned over every so often. They are usually structurally sound but can't take the constant transportation loads (offloading/reloading, etc.). And for a larger company, the value is in buying a new one rather than constantly tending to an older one. They can usually be had for a good price if you're willing to wait on them to come available.

Quote Originally Posted by terbear1225 View Post
    what would you do with a shipping container if you bought one? (not trying to pick a fight, just trying to understand)
    Private Shooting Range: http://www.shootingrangeindustries.c...ing-solutions/

Hubby already said that I can't have one though.
    True Value Comes in the Love That Surrounds Us and the People Who Touch Our Lives.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGirl View Post

A gun store in Muncie,IN has one, I understand that shooting in it the concussion is not comfortable.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShyGirl View Post

Buy it, I have room..

and I'll never tell.
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    A gun store in Muncie,IN has one, I understand that shooting in it the concussion is not comfortable.
    Shoot.. what caliber would be uncomfortable??

We had "indoor" tank ranges in Germany.. Couldn't shoot our tanks in them, but could shoot anything less than 90mm or so..

Shooting down a LOOOOOONG tunnel.
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Shoot.. what caliber would be uncomfortable??

We had "indoor" tank ranges in Germany.. Couldn't shoot our tanks in them, but could shoot anything less than 90mm or so..

Shooting down a LOOOOOONG tunnel.
    A shipping container is not a loooong tunnel, it's a 8'x8' closed box that's 20 to 53' long.
    Just shooting a 9mm that's compensated can be uncomfortable at a outdoor range under roof. In a closed box it would be brutal. Think about someone next to you shooting a sbr in 223 with a brake on it..
    The connex ranges are popular for temporary ranges and like Muncie, it's in a high density area that a full sized range would not fit on the property.
    For a gun store it works well for someone to do a test fire before they buy.

Wonder how many muslims could be accommodated in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Wonder how many muslims could be accommodated in one.
    Are they the same size as Mexicans?

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post

Are they the same size as Mexicans?
    A little taller... but maybe thinner.

Just want a place to put some water toys for the winter since I don't have a garage. I figured sealed was the way to go, but hadn't though of the circulation thing... I figured I'd just put it on the ground - also hadn't thought of putting it up on blocks. :/

Members who have read this thread: 101