Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCOTUS Justice Restores President Trump's Travel Ban

SCOTUS Justice Restores President Trump's Travel Ban

SCOTUS Justice Restores President Trump's Travel Ban

Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy has issued a temporary order blocking a 9th Circuit Court of Appeals decision that would have limited President Trump's travel ban.

The "administrative stay" issued by Kennedy on Monday puts on hold the ruling from the liberal federal appeals court which said the ban wouldn't cover refugees working with U.S. refugee agencies and other refugees "covered by a formal assurance."

The ruling allows the Trump administration "to exclude most refugees from entering the United States while the Supreme Court considers challenges to its revised travel ban," The New York Times wrote.
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    until another frivolous appeal that will be installed or upheld by another frivolous group/judge.
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Blog Entries
    What does it say about these "judges" when the Supreme Court has to slap them down?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    What does it say about these "judges" when the Supreme Court has to slap them down?
    It generally DOESN'T inspire me much about the courts and the law if it can be contorted to mean whatever a judge wants it to mean.

Even SCOTUS can render horrible decisions.

Actually I was reading something about THIS - the other day. That we have three branches of government, but that we tend to somehow revere the SCOTUS so much that when they render a decision -
    we somehow give it the force of dogma. You know, truth, once and for all. And that's not why the other two are there. The other two are a check and balance on SCOTUS as well.
    Why is that - why do we think that if SCOTUS decides something, well then, it's a done deal? Can't be messed with?
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Nothing. Happens all the time. Why do you think SCOTUS exists?
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    The better question is, "What does it say about us"? We elect these judges on local and state levels, and we elect the congresses and presidents that select such judges and those that approve them into office. It's on the collective "us".
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    Solely to slap,down your uber liberal,judge buddies?
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    It shouldn't be to slap down activist judges. IMO if a judge gets overturned more than once, he should be removed from the bench.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

It shouldn't be to slap down activist judges. IMO if a judge gets overturned more than once, he should be removed from the bench.
    Thank goodness there is still some kind of moat in the swamp that
    is protecting US, for now, from the leapfrog liberal crazy people. God bless, America.

Not to mention Antifa. I wasn't aware until a few days ago that those crazies are rich kids that are attending liberal higher education institutions. What are they thinking? They are not thinking, and have no clue. That is the problem.

Trump is our moat, for now. God bless, Trump!
    Last edited by littlelady; 09-13-2017 at 05:05 AM.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

The latest decisions tell me I was right to vote for Donald Trump for President.

Members who have read this thread: 38